GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AUX jack for stock Headunit (Non IPOD Specific)

AngryFish

Go Kart Newbie
Just wondering if VWOA has any type of harness to allow the stock, non navi head unit an AUX miniplug jack.

I DO NOT want an IPOD kit which would show/control ipod functions through the headunit. I still want to select my music etc from the player itself.

(Also want to be able to hook up my PSP Laptop Portable DVD player to the jack for playback through the car stereo as well).

Please advise. The AUX adapter in the OEM Parts sticky thread lists that part as applying to the NAVI head unit only.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
There was some new adapters that came in at work. I will see if they work with the headunit.

AngryFish

Go Kart Newbie
Thank you very much. My IPOD was used daily in my last car with my Alpine headunit through an aux jack. It's tough getting used to the commute without it and I know most FM modulators are medicre at best.

agpatel

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV
in one of the other post about the iPod someone posted a PDF file from VW that states for something lk $30 there is a adapter/cable that can be installed to ad a aux port to the OEM radio...

davesee

FIA GT Champion
agpatel said:
in one of the other post about the iPod someone posted a PDF file from VW that states for something lk $30 there is a adapter/cable that can be installed to ad a aux port to the OEM radio...

yeah, that was me - but it was in reference to a navi head unit..

here

AngryFish

Go Kart Newbie
What about installing an FM Modulator?
Not the crappy iTRIP design, The type I am talking about are the ones that connect to a 12v lead and also connect in line with the antenna connection on the back of the head unit.

Does anyone know if the GTI has a standard antenna connector on it or is it some proprietary VW type?

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
We carry an item at work that works with the factory headunit for the Golf up to 05. That was as far as the list on the packageing goes. It allows you to hook up anything to it sound wise. The radios are differant on the MKIV and the MKV....not sure about the changer plugs, thats what it uses to plug into.

feuerdog

Touring Car Newbie
I am using my mk4 double din Monsoon Blitzsafe aux input adapter(enfig.com) with my mk5 oem 6-disk mp3 head unit. The harness plug is the same.:thumbsup:

AngryFish

Go Kart Newbie
Awesome! Thanks for the info.:thumbup:

Is this the one you have?
Blitzsafe - VW/AUX DMX V.3A
Volkswagen 1998-2005 Audio Input

AngryFish

Go Kart Newbie
I also see that the unit above plugs into the cd changer port in the trunk? at least thats what the website says. is this also true on the GTI because I dont remember seeing a port in my trunk.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
They are talking about the Jetta I think. I can't remember the price or name of the unit we carry at Best Buy...but when I get to work in a bit I will post it.

dmclone

Oval Champion
loccusst said:
They are talking about the Jetta I think. I can't remember the price or name of the unit we carry at Best Buy...but when I get to work in a bit I will post it.

Loccusst-Will you let me know how much you guys would charge to install this?

feuerdog

Touring Car Newbie
AngryFish said:
Awesome! Thanks for the info.:thumbup:

Is this the one you have?
Blitzsafe - VW/AUX DMX V.3A
Volkswagen 1998-2005 Audio Input

No,....I don't think thats the same. Mine plugs into the back of the headunit.

This one, with the white plug:
http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/VW_AUX_DMX_V5.html

That plugs into the aux input/sat socket on the back of the NON-sat MP3 radio. The SAT radio uses this socket for input so this adapter will only work on the NON-sat(MP3) headunit.

AngryFish

Go Kart Newbie
oK thanks. looks like I need the sat passthrough cable too. I'm guessing I dont need the passthrough if I am not using the sat.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
The plug we carry is from Peripheral and is $130. I imagine to install something like this is just a custom labor depending on where you want it installed.