GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Honda/Acura SUCKS!

I'm so glad I didn't get another Honda...OMFG. If you think we have problems with dealers...this poor bastid...

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=446812&highlight=warranty+denied

Basically he had a CAI, threw a rod and they blame the CAI completely. Said it was the cold air introduced to the hot engine caused the failure, that he was racing and thats all the CAI was good for and that he caused it to fail. OMFG! Kid still can't get his car fixed.

I'm sorry but its clear abuse when you say a pipe and filter caused complete engine failure. If you have a story about corporate VW doing the same thing I'd love to read it.

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Read a bit of it. They're trying to bully him into paying for it. I've read stories like that for four different major car makers though..

vantage

Ready to race!
I liked my dealership until I saw that there was a stonechip on my door on the day I got it and the guy said they'd fix it so bring it in 'next week' when the paint comes in. I called the guy 2wks later, said the paint didn't come in yet, then a week later a drove there, said it still didn't come in and that he'd call me when it does, never called. But I didn't forget, I just don't really care right now since the car is a mess anyway from the snow. It just pisses me off that after they sell the car they no longer really care about whether you're satisfied or not. I WILL get it fixed for free come spring however...fuckers.

MachSchnell

Rally Car Champion
My dealership has been good to me, no complaints. I noticed a scratch on my wheel on my old MkIV a few days after they had it for service. I called them, scheduled an appointment, and had it fixed. That is the only incident I can mention

A CAI DOES void the waranty, the owner of the Honda knew this when he installed it. While it probably had nothing to do with the engine failure, it is against the rules of the waranty. Case closed.

I don't think it's good for business, but it is not unethical or illigal.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Not ALL dealerships are PITA... 75% are though.:iono:

gatorfast

man amongst boys
sounds like a terrible dealership...i had a honda with some mods before my gti and never had any dealership problems

a CAI WONT void the warranty on the whole car just on the air box.

Tell that to Honda who's making the kid pay 13k for a new engine.