GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Internal Rattleing

SAbroSO

Das Captain
Car(s)
07' GTI
I was chillin in my car waiting for work these past few mornings. I've been hearing a lot of rattleing comming from inside my car. Sounds like its comming from under my glove box or inside the passenger door. Anyone else experienced this problem? :iono: I've heard it before but it hasn't been this bad. It sounds worse when the car is idleing.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
welcome to volkswagen. if you are hearing something near your glovebox it might be your indirect ventilation air vent in the center of the dash

f_399

07 GTI and 06 Passat
i had rattling in the passat

brought it in, took them about a week to fix it but it was under warranty and now no more rattling

SAbroSO

Das Captain
Car(s)
07' GTI
thanks for the info. Hopefully it won't take a week to fix though. can't go without. It would be cool if VW gave me a loaner while it gets fixed :thumbup:

f_399

07 GTI and 06 Passat
i got a 2.0t dsg jetta

if you make an appointment and tell them you want a loaner it should work out

speedlimit256k

Michael Schumacher
look in you glove box. i was hearing a rattle and i looked in my glovebox and the lightbulb housing was loose.

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
i still dont have any rattling, ::knocks on wood:: thank god it sounds like it would be such a pain.

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
I was chillin in my car waiting for work these past few mornings. I've been hearing a lot of rattleing comming from inside my car. Sounds like its comming from under my glove box or inside the passenger door. Anyone else experienced this problem? :iono: I've heard it before but it hasn't been this bad. It sounds worse when the car is idleing.

There is a TSB about a fuel line rattle which sounds like it's coming from the passenger footwell area. Could be your problem.

rabbitransit

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
07 MKv Rabbit
no rattles for me either..but I do notice what someone has said is a vacuum pump for the gas tank, it ticks bout once a second within the first few minutes of rollin and then stops.

JonnyDoe69

Drag Race Newbie
There is a TSB about a fuel line rattle which sounds like it's coming from the passenger footwell area. Could be your problem.

Have your dealer look at this problem. I used to have the same problem, and the rattle would go away when I would hit the gas. If you have the same type scenario, it's the fuel line. I mentioned the TSB to my dealer and they immediately knew what it was and how to fix it, as many GTI's are having this problem. :thumbup:

SAbroSO

Das Captain
Car(s)
07' GTI
Have your dealer look at this problem. I used to have the same problem, and the rattle would go away when I would hit the gas. If you have the same type scenario, it's the fuel line. I mentioned the TSB to my dealer and they immediately knew what it was and how to fix it, as many GTI's are having this problem. :thumbup:[/QUOTE]

:eek: Thats exactly it!!! When it was idleing it rattled and when i hit the gas it would stop. Looks like i'm going to the dealer this weekend. Thanks for the info.:w00t:

zither99

amateur auto-x'er
I would bet my life on it that it's the FUEL LINE RATTLE

Last edited:

SAbroSO

Das Captain
Car(s)
07' GTI
So, automax is closed on sunday. I've never heard of that shit efore in my life. Where i'm from, Car dealers are open everyday of the week. Now i live in centeral Tx. i guess things are different around here. Anyways, i went to a local lake to check out possible wedding ceremony spots and in the process i manged to pop my tire. right on the sidewall. Completely killed my mood. A peice of rebar in the round did me in. I didn't even see it comming. oh well, i'll tack on my ratteling to my flat tire together. Hopefully its all covered under warrentee. i'm sure the rattleing will be but the flat wont.