GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

engine oil for new GTi

mudguard

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Hi everybody, when I saw this forum and all the cool videos and pics I just had to join......

Well, I finally said a heartfelt farewell to my Honda Civic VTiR hatch and after a 6 and a bit month wait I am now the joyful owner of a Candy white GTi DSG, and for those who are waiting for delivery, however painful the wait is, it is SO worth it.........I have'nt driven another hatch that comes close to the mix of hot hatch/ quality and luxury car........it's a blast. And its got torque, a new sensation for me after the Honda.

Anyway my question is, VW says the first service is'nt due till 15000ks which is fine but, I'm wondering whether it's a good idea to have friction modified synthetic oil in the engine during the run-in period and immediately afterwards. I've always understood that new engines should have the no-friction modified oil for optimum run-in. I've looked at Penrite HPR 10 which meets the VW standard (501,502) and is non friction modified.
Any ideas?

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
the engiens are already pre run in for 1000k before they are in the car from what i remember reading somewhere.

as for oil if it meets the vw standards then go ahead and use it, although its meant to 0w30 aint it? and hpr10 is 10w30 aint it?

oh yeah conrgats on your new car and welcome.

SSS_Hoon