GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My TR "Fast"

prince

Uber KoooL
Car(s)
VW GTI
Picked her up yesterday. anyone feel the speedo is really off? driving at 80clicks feels like 50-60?

d.C

DJ
prince said:
feel the speedo is really off? driving at 80clicks feels like 50-60?

yup ... it is suppose to be a lil bit off, but not by that much. our car is also so stable that you don't feel the speed ... that's my view

btw, what wheels do you have?

your license plate is mounted there? did they drill holes onto your bumper?
take a look at mine, mine is just zip-tied onto the lower grill, no drilling on the bumper.

congrads on your new car, see you in future meets?

prince

Uber KoooL
Car(s)
VW GTI
I have the BBS RD on there rite now.. the car looks like a 4x4 gotta have it dropped, not sure if it was drilled but it was delivered from the dealer with the plate holder in place already.

JasonC

Passed Driver's Ed
I have been thinking about this for a while, but if you feel that your speedo is reading way too fast, then wouldn't that make your Odometre advance faster?

This would be an issue for resale, and also if you are leasing the car. Maybe something to ask about at the dealership????

Very Nice GTI, I am really liking the red. Have anymore pics?

prince

Uber KoooL
Car(s)
VW GTI
more pics on the way.. weather out here in BC sux rite now.. i gota find a new drop for it.. the car looks like 4x4 and its bugs me..

d.C

DJ
prince said:
more pics on the way.. weather out here in BC sux rite now.. i gota find a new drop for it.. the car looks like 4x4 and its bugs me..

i'm finding too, not alot of places carry stuff for our car yet, my frd and i are lookin' for eibach pro-kit!

prince

Uber KoooL
Car(s)
VW GTI
got some more pics..

Hey DC whats the pricing you got for the Eibachs? im kinda leaning towards H&R sports..

d.C

DJ
prince said:
Hey DC whats the pricing you got for the Eibachs? im kinda leaning towards H&R sports..

nah, eibachs aren't out for the GTI yet, the eibachs that ppl have on aren't specificlly for the GTI, just Golf V in general.
my only choice left is H&R Sports, but ... my frd can give me a deal on ABT springs which are made by eibach too ...
ABT's drop is 1.5 front 1.3 rear, very similar to H&R Sports

prince

Uber KoooL
Car(s)
VW GTI
How much are the abt? i was looking at those.. they are made by eibach? i think the drop be nice.. 1.5 and 1.3 for rear.. the complain i usally have with the eibach line is the drop is not level. the front is always higher then rear.. in my old integra i had to cut one coil from the front spring to make it somewhat leveled.

d.C

DJ
prince said:
How much are the abt? i was looking at those.. they are made by eibach? i think the drop be nice.. 1.5 and 1.3 for rear.. the complain i usally have with the eibach line is the drop is not level. the front is always higher then rear.. in my old integra i had to cut one coil from the front spring to make it somewhat leveled.

nah, i'm not goin for ABT anymore, $420 for just the springs, i'm going with H&R Sports.