GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Shops in Houston

yjt2

EuroNoob
Car(s)
06 GLI
Anyone have any experience with Bar tuning or European legacy motorsports? I am gonna get APR really soon and I was wondering which shop was better?

yjt2

EuroNoob
Car(s)
06 GLI
Thanks for the help Alf. I double checked and Bar tuning does do APR flashes. Does anyone have any experience with them? The only reason I ask is because they are about 40 minutes closer to me. If they have a good rep I would most likely just go there. But if they don't, Alf has already vouched for ELM and I would bite the bullet and drive the 40 minutes. Thanks in advance guys.

andrewt

Autocross Champion
bar tuning doesnt have apr from as far as i know. ELM is awesome, pete is a cool ass cat.

man alf, what are you smoking? mike's been doing APR stuff for quite awhile. he's good people.

like the guy above me said, you can't go wrong with ELM or BAR, especially considering you want a flash. its pretty hard to screw up that install...

MJM Autohaus

GolfMkV Sponsor
Plugging into your OBD port and burning a file is plugging into your OBD port and burning a file - EITHER OF THEM CAN DO IT. We're not talking about building a Quaife six-speed tranny here or setting the timing on a TDI - it's just a simple flash. Either Hondo (ELM) or Mike (BAR) can get it done for you. No need to ask 'Who is better?'....they can both do it.

We do business with both of them and will vouch for either of them equally. Tomato, tomoto....or however you say it.

And yes, Alf has been known to spoke crack. :thumbsup:

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
man alf, what are you smoking? mike's been doing APR stuff for quite awhile. he's good people.

like the guy above me said, you can't go wrong with ELM or BAR, especially considering you want a flash. its pretty hard to screw up that install...

if you say so.

yjt2

EuroNoob
Car(s)
06 GLI
Plugging into your OBD port and burning a file is plugging into your OBD port and burning a file - EITHER OF THEM CAN DO IT. We're not talking about building a Quaife six-speed tranny here or setting the timing on a TDI - it's just a simple flash. Either Hondo (ELM) or Mike (BAR) can get it done for you. No need to ask 'Who is better?'....they can both do it.

We do business with both of them and will vouch for either of them equally. Tomato, tomoto....or however you say it.

And yes, Alf has been known to spoke crack. :thumbsup:
It wasn't a question of IF they could do it. I was just curious if one had a better rep or not. Just because someone can do something doesn't mean they aren't a$$holes or unprofessional. I spoke to both shops today and Bar seemed completely uninterested and unhelpful. ELM on the other hand were very professional, friendly, and helpful. I chose ELM based on those facts. In the future if I need anything else I will call ELM. I appreciate everyones input.By the way, I am really digging the flash, car is much smoother now.
:thumbup:

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
pete @ ELM is a stand up guy, he's good people and goes hell/ high water for us guys @ www.europeanag.com

good stuff man, come out to the fuddruckers meet this friday night, we got one guy from baytown coming, usually about 50+ dubs.

fuddruckers on weslayan, were all good people, were like family to each other.

MJM Autohaus

GolfMkV Sponsor
I've heard mixed stories as to whether or not Mike and BAR are still doing APR (including from him). "Yes and no" is what he told me recently. Not sure what that meant, though. We even attended the APR Distributor Conference ourselves a few weeks ago and received a strange answer as to whether or not they were still doing it, too. From what I understood - they *can* do it, but are choosing not to right now, for some reason.

yjt2

EuroNoob
Car(s)
06 GLI
Can this be fixed with the vagcom or do I have to take it to the dealer? If vagcom can do the trick does anyone have one around here?

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
gotta go to the dealer to replace the seat harness. do you need a good place to go? i got a few hookups in houston.

Clear Lake VW and Jersey Village VW if you need warranty work done.