GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any one else in Fairbanks?

FurthestnorthMkV

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
TR 2008 R32
Hello,

I have a 2006.5 United Grey DSG and a 2007 Tornado Red Manual. I have seen a maybe one or two other GTI's on the road. I was wondering if anyone else was one these threads??

:burnrubber:

Red Rider

Drivers Wanted
Car(s)
2008 Tornado Red GTI
Not me, but good luck, hope you find enough to do a meet! OR:

Ship your car to Seattle and join us on May 12th!!

FurthestnorthMkV

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
TR 2008 R32
I may be deploying overseas at that time but it sounds like a cool idea. Thanks for the invite. :thumbsup:

FurthestnorthMkV

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
TR 2008 R32
Air Force. It is still up in the air if I will be in the states then but I should know in the next week. Have a good one

Temper

Touch my monkey..
I was at Ft.Wainwright for over 4 years. Loved the fishing, hated the ice fog.

FurthestnorthMkV

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
TR 2008 R32
Yes the Ice fog sucks! I live near Wainright. Work on Eielson which is a 30 mile drive. The GTI makes it a fun drive even at -40! 200 hp and studded tires! My Family lives in PA.

Minimaul

Chronic Masturbator
Car(s)
e36 m3/4/5
hey there alaska buddy! I'm in Anchorage. i'll be getting a 2door BMP GTI in two weeks.i'm going to WA to get it and drive it up

FurthestnorthMkV

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
TR 2008 R32
Hey! Good to some one else up here on the site. Congrats on your new purchase! :w00t: I have a 2006.5 pkg 1 UG DSG and a 2007 TR pkg 2 MT6. They both came from Morrison AG down there in Anchorage. I flew down there last June to pick up my first and the other was traded in and shipped up here to Affordable UC. I traded a 2004 Touareg for the TR. Have a good one and good luck on your travels. :headbang:

Minimaul

Chronic Masturbator
Car(s)
e36 m3/4/5
Sweet! 2 GTIs, ohh i'm jealous. ;)

As it turns out, I won't be driving it all the way back. Canada won't let me drive through, since I have a, um, imperfect record. so, I'll take the Alaska Marine Highway from Bellingham to Juneau, then Juneau to Whittier. It was going to be a little cheaper to drive it back all the way. but, at least this way I won't put on 2500 miles on my car and I won't have to worry too much about rocks and stuff (gonna take tape her up).

I'm excited. I'm waiting patiently for the salesman to send me some pictures of the car. As soon as I get them I'm going to post a big ole thread.

if you ever make it drive down to Anchorage, shoot me a PM and we can maybe get together and drool over each others cars.

FurthestnorthMkV

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
TR 2008 R32
Sweet! 2 GTIs, ohh i'm jealous. ;)

As it turns out, I won't be driving it all the way back. Canada won't let me drive through, since I have a, um, imperfect record. so, I'll take the Alaska Marine Highway from Bellingham to Juneau, then Juneau to Whittier. It was going to be a little cheaper to drive it back all the way. but, at least this way I won't put on 2500 miles on my car and I won't have to worry too much about rocks and stuff (gonna take tape her up).

I'm excited. I'm waiting patiently for the salesman to send me some pictures of the car. As soon as I get them I'm going to post a big ole thread.

if you ever make it drive down to Anchorage, shoot me a PM and we can maybe get together and drool over each others cars.

Hey dude,

Welcome to the family. It is probably better the way you are getting your car. Hopefully it will stop snowing! lol! My TR is having a fuel line/system problem and it is at Morrison now. TR, with Affordable Used Car temp plates and Hankook studded tires if you want to visit it! lol. Check out my post about the fuel leak. It is a pretty weird thing. I hope they can fix it quickly. Let me know when you get your BMP. I like that color too looks too cool! :headbang: