GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear Foglight & Reverse Light Rule

luckysvwgti

Ready to race!
Hi! I'm interested in getting a rear foglight and euroswitch installed on my GTI and was wondering if we have any laws or rules here in Canada that says cars should need 2 reverse lights. Installing the rear foglights would mean that the left reverse light will no longer be a reverse light.

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

zither99

amateur auto-x'er
I'm installing my r32 tail lights with rear fog light and i dont care about any laws (if there are) against that. This thing should be standard on all cars in canada as safety equipment for adverse weather conditions (snow storms/blizzards/fog) imho.

luckysvwgti

Ready to race!
I totally agree with you!

Let me know how your foglights work out. Send some photos after if you can. Are you doing the install yourself or having the dealer do the it?

Thanks

Lucky

zither99

amateur auto-x'er
I'm gonna do it myself as soon as it warms up, or maybe out of excitement I'll even do it when it's cold, i'm just scared of breaking plastic pieces in the cold.

I just bought the yellow trigger wire at the dealer (VW Part 000 979 009), ~$5, and the lights from TMtuning.com, they had the cheapest price, $219us. Also bought stubby antenna, and under seat drawer (passenger side).

zither99

amateur auto-x'er
yeah i already have the euro switch. What passenger compartment? underseat drawer you mean?

VRDivision

I'm gonna do it myself as soon as it warms up, or maybe out of excitement I'll even do it when it's cold, i'm just scared of breaking plastic pieces in the cold.

I just bought the yellow trigger wire at the dealer (VW Part 000 979 009), ~$5, and the lights from TMtuning.com, they had the cheapest price, $219us. Also bought stubby antenna, and under seat drawer (passenger side).

sorry for bugging you man:barf: any duties paid across boarder? The most concern of buying from us is how much more money to be paid among the retail price
:iono:

zither99

amateur auto-x'er
sorry for bugging you man:barf: any duties paid across boarder? The most concern of buying from us is how much more money to be paid among the retail price
:iono:

I'll let you know when it comes in.

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
i've ordered from TMTuning they are in germany and i didn't have to pay any duties on the stuff i ordered ~$150 worth

VRDivision

Thank you all for replying.
SoNgMaN, are the stuff u ordered in ur hand now?
so the price would be 150us+shipping that's it? If so that would be so sweeet!!