GOLFMKV

dubs in the sand 2011

fuzzymk5

its a beater
Car(s)
06 cw gti

last year: Gallery:http://gengstout.com/gallery/dubs-in-the-sand/

Show info:
This is a state reservation run by the massachusetts department of conservation and recreation. Because of this the permit process can take long, resulting in the date subject to change but the 15th is what we are shooting for and as of now, we do not foresee an issue with that date

Rule(s):
This is a massachusetts state park so alcohol is 100% prohibited. We are organizing a saturday night pre party with very close hotel and camping accommodations for all of your drinking needs. This rule will be heavily enforced by staff as well as state police and any violation can result in the event being shut down. so PLEASE, respect this one main rule.

This location is very well kept, and therefore it is crucial to respect it and clean up after yourself. There will be trash barrels at the end of basically every row of cars so it wont be a long walk.

Food:
Will 100% be available. we are working with a couple different vendors right now, as soon as the information is confirmed ill post it up. It will most likely be similar options as last year(burgers, dogs, fries, etc) just a larger station to accommodate the amount of people to keep the lines down

Judging:
At last years event we tried to keep this as non biased as possible by having a peoples choice vote. Out of 600 participants and spectators, only 100 voted, so we totally admit, it did not work as planned and will be totally revamped this year. There will be a first, second and third position, possibly a special award or two. This will not be a classed event, we want to give credit to complete, quality builds. More info on this as it develops, as of right now cars must be in place by 1pm to qualify for judging.

Pre-party:

Hotel accomidations:
There is a promotional rate under the name GENGSTOUT at the best western.
To get this rate you must call to make your reservation at least 14 days before the event
$95+tax
Best western
737 state road dartmouth, ma
The hotel is right next door to dartmouth wasabi where we are holding the pre party.

Horseneck beach also has a camp ground, which is right next to the event location. you can make reservations for the campground here: http://www.reserveamerica.com
Just search for the horseneck beach camp ground on the side bar

Date is subject to change, more info soon :popcorn:

FB info page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dubs-In-the-Sand/146541992067061

FB event page:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=180520565312346&ref=ts

Feel free to PM me with any other questions regarding the event

Last edited:

fuzzymk5

its a beater
Car(s)
06 cw gti
updated again, no one wants to come

apollosfury

designeddwk
updated again, no one wants to come

lol. untrue. i might end up making this...takes over 3 1/2 hours to get there though.

i feel like this forum has always kinda sucked in terms of events and rallying around them.

fuzzymk5

its a beater
Car(s)
06 cw gti
yea i can tell, but come and spend the night and join the party

apollosfury

designeddwk
most likely be there. not sure about spending the night though, might have to work saturday. we'll see.

apollosfury

designeddwk
def in for this.

fuzzymk5

its a beater
Car(s)
06 cw gti
kyle you spending the night

asp87

Ready to race!
Is there someone who works at Wasabi that has a modified mkv? I've seen a dark colored one there a couple times when I've gone to eat...

I'll try to make the show but I think I might already have plans that weekend.

fuzzymk5

its a beater
Car(s)
06 cw gti
Not sure about that, i dont know of any modded dark colored mk5's in the area other than mine, where in westport are you i dont beleive i have seen your car around

asp87

Ready to race!
I live right at the north end of Davis Rd. (The one that goes between cumby's and oriental pearl.)

Where are you? I've seen a couple mkvs, but not too many and only one or two that stick out. I don't know how many people you know around here but I ran into a mkiv owner a while back... I think he said his username on 'tex was bluebags.

fuzzymk5

its a beater
Car(s)
06 cw gti
I live in Swansea but work in Dartmouth so I'm always in the area, but blue bags is Jon, I have the maroon mkv, and a jazz blue mkiv golf

asp87

Ready to race!
Nice. I'll keep an eye out. I work down in Middletown, so I have a feeling we're going opposite ways in traffic.

fuzzymk5

its a beater
Car(s)
06 cw gti
yea, i think i might have seen you the other day i normally notice all the 5s around