GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stretch...

.:AreThirteeTwo

Canyon Runner
The wheels I'm getting are 18x9 et29 and 18x10 et 18, they have 215 40 and 225 40 right now and I know that's not enough stretch to make em fit. What tire size should I use?

I was thinking 205/40 front and 215/35 back?

I looked on tyrestretch.com and got some ideas on what to do but just wanted a few more opinions from you guys

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Car(s)
08 UG GTi
You will need to fully camber the rear and be low to fit those 10s, possibly pull the fender.

hellafast

LoweRrr
Car(s)
06 VW GTI
The wheels I'm getting are 18x9 et29 and 18x10 et 18, they have 215 40 and 225 40 right now and I know that's not enough stretch to make em fit. What tire size should I use?

I was thinking 205/40 front and 215/35 back?

I looked on tyrestretch.com and got some ideas on what to do but just wanted a few more opinions from you guys

I would do it the other way.. 215/35 front and 205/40 rear.
I really hope you're getting air too (to really pull it off). :thumbsup:

If you sell the other tires, I may be interested in buying them off of you if they're still good. :thumbsup:

Voyles2

Twisty champ
Car(s)
R
I think you'll need some body work, max rear camber, Air, and the right size tires to not F**K with the haldex.

Canyon Runner
I think you'll need some body work, max rear camber, Air, and the right size tires to not F**K with the haldex.

I'm staying static, no air on this one.

Been talking with a body shop about doing the fenders after the wheels get in so we can measure where the fenders need to be to make it just clear the wheel

HoopaChalupa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 CW GTi

Yeah, you are gunna need either serious fender work, or air to pull that size and offset off.

false you dont need major fender work to pull these offsets off, just pull the fenders.

PatientlyWaiting

is waiting patiently
false you dont need major fender work to pull these offsets off, just pull the fenders.

I ran a 18x10 et45, with a 225/40 and 3* camber. It ate my fenders pretty good.

This is the 17" equivalent to the size and offset he posted. Imo, not my cup of tea, way too much poke without pulling the fenders.

On the other hand Mike has a similar sized 18, and with proper fender work, looks amazing.

Both of those are on air, rocking a deep 10" like that static is gunna be a whole 'nother story. That being said, a 18x10 et18 with no fender work is gunna look stupid and absolutely murder his fenders at any decent height. If you are down for the wonky look of pulled rear fenders, which ruins the body line there, then go for it. To each his own. But Ill be sub'd for the "oh my fenders" post.

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG
you will poke 2mm less than

thats 18x11 et14 with a 225/40/18 yoko sdrive

but do note that your tires are going to sit the same so the rim will poke less tire edge will be about the same. also he was on air w/ max camber.

Your gonna need fender work to make this happen static

07MKV

Boser Hood!!
Car(s)
07 vw rabbit
I'm running a 215/45 on a 10.5 et 25 and 205/40 on 9.5 et 18
Maxed out on camber and can get 24 1/2 inches from the floor all around
Next set of tires for the rears will be 215/40

HoopaChalupa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 CW GTi
static will be tough that's for sure.
i still stand by what i said tho.
it can be done with no major fender work, just enough stretch and pull of fenders.

Canyon Runner
I'm running a 215/45 on a 10.5 et 25 and 205/40 on 9.5 et 18
Maxed out on camber and can get 24 1/2 inches from the floor all around
Next set of tires for the rears will be 215/40

Are you static?

I want to do the max stretch I can on both front and back, I was conetmplating a 195/45 front and 205/45 back if it'll fit. I know alex (dublpar) had that tire set up on his autostradas but those were 17s and a quarter inch skinnier

And I'm going to be doing proper fender work, justt need to get the wheels in before the car can go in for a quote and measurements. Was going to do something similar to du werks fenders or just how the blue r32 has em

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
Dang if you're looking to fit those you have a lot of work ahead of you. I'd feel a little sketched out running a stretch that aggressive. You'll need to monitor your air pressure to make sure that you don't have an accident for sure, as it's not the stretch that is usually the culprit, but rather a low air pressure.

Definitely interested in seeing how this will look in the end. :thumbup:

07MKV

Boser Hood!!
Car(s)
07 vw rabbit
Are you static?

I want to do the max stretch I can on both front and back, I was conetmplating a 195/45 front and 205/45 back if it'll fit. I know alex (dublpar) had that tire set up on his autostradas but those were 17s and a quarter inch skinnier

And I'm going to be doing proper fender work, justt need to get the wheels in before the car can go in for a quote and measurements. Was going to do something similar to du werks fenders or just how the blue r32 has em

I'm on air.