GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Open Letter to AP the Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

triode12

Go Kart Champion
Hi AP,

How and why could you have taken offence to anything I had written in the post you just closed?

I was polite and measured in my posts and only offered IMO helpful advice and hints. But all that seems to have been miscontrued by you as attacking your position as moderator.

If as you say that you are human, then you have to acknowledge that you are fallible and it is possible for you to err.

Instead of taking what I wrote as an attack on your being and position, you should take heed of the advice offered, reflect and change to suit the wants of the members.

The moderators on the other forums (like vwwatercooled or even past mods of this forum) do not act in such a dictatiorial manner. Perhaps it would be best to take a note of their past actions and act accordingly.

triode12

Go Kart Champion
I didn't ask for it to be closed or deleted - just create another thread, put the non-rs3 stuff in it so that we can continue discussing both w/o OTing each one. But leave both threads open.

This is what CoreyR of vwwatercooled would do.

Frenchie

Icecream Maker
Why leave the other thread open - nothing relevant even off topic but if you want to start an ''Emo'' thread be my guest.
Now go and enjoy RS3 thread.

Offtopic Thread - Seriously don't you have better things to do with your time ?

mleung

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI Pirelli
Can't we all just be friends?

Maybe it's a VW thing...

tinto

bitch please
Car(s)
2009 Pirelli GTI
Can't we all just be friends?

Maybe it's a VW thing...

Naw. We're all a bit too busy being passive-aggressive petulant children.

...see? :thumbsup:

triode12

Go Kart Champion
Why leave the other thread open - nothing relevant even off topic but if you want to start an ''Emo'' thread be my guest.
Now go and enjoy RS3 thread.

Offtopic Thread - Seriously don't you have better things to do with your time ?

Because I believe there were still things that could be discussed - there are a number of members here who are not happy with the standard of moderation. Besides by closing the thread, you didn't accord me a right of reply to AP.

Would you guys prefer I start threads in this site or at www.vwgolf.net.au? Because it is known for emo threads like "Take your daily frustrations out here".

I have purposely limited my visits and posts at vwgolf.net.au as to not start another confrontation. But these shennaigans are wearing my good nature thin. I've made peace with Justin and would like it to continue, as long as you guys stay keep yourside of the agreement there will be no issue.

I don't even know why this has started in the first place. All because Johno got upset (for reasons unknown) and left in a huff? Was he the one who complained about the initial RS3 thread?

Last edited:

Jester_Fu

My Name is Angela.
Car(s)
Daytona Grey TT RS
Oh, FFS. This was what killed this forum last time - all the bitching and in fighting over Saad.

Read what AP has said - he's had a complaint and he's acted on it. The original RS3 thread was in breach of the forum rules because of language and angst from some members (amongst many lols) so he had every right to do it. Obviously if he'd thought it needed doing personally he would have done it days before the thread was finally closed. Just let it die, let's all move on and when the whigners are gone, we can have fun again. Why was it deleted? I think it's obvious a one or a few web warriors made themselves look like tools and needed their ego protected by the thread being removed. Fortunately, Google has a cache function and the lols are on the www for prosperity.

Frenchie - i vote in favour of closing this thread.

triode12

Go Kart Champion
. Why was it deleted? I think it's obvious a one or a few web warriors made themselves look like tools and needed their ego protected by the thread being removed. Fortunately, Google has a cache function and the lols are on the www for prosperity.

Speak of the devil.

iluvbrownale

White Lightning
Jester, I quite often find myself in agreement with you. This time no. Here's why. It strikes at the very heart of a forum when moderators take it upon themselves to make up their own rules. That is what has happened as AP Mitchell is still unable or unwilling to cite a single instance where I, in my posts, broke any forum rules. It's a bloody insult if someone takes the time to write here and then for no reason has that thrown out 'because'.

He said that it was deleted because of a complaint. So if i complain erroneously my complaint is upheld automatically? because on that basis I'll get every thread closed. I can't speak for other posts in that thread, only my own and not ONCE do i recall using offensive language, encouraging illegal activity, namely street racing, personal insults or going off topic. So where the hec did I brake the rules??

And STILL the mod can't admit he was wrong to have deleted my posts. I ask for the FOURTH time for the mod to come forward and show where my deleted post broke ANY forum rule and I'll cop it sweet as long as exactly the same rules are applied to all posts here on in.

Forums are nothing without their members, they're just a URL. All mods are here to act on BEHALF of the members, for the members. When a mod decides to impose their own justice I take offence. You can't just go around censoring people needlessly. I'm still open to an apology that on reflection the mod got it wrong.

In a further degradation of respect, the mod says

"I have alerted the higher authorities and will here back soon.. But all these
posts just keep proving my point...". Which is what? you deleted posts contrary to the rules of the forum? Because someone made a false complaint and you acted on it?

"Triode for your information you have taken over from Saad on the thread side and start more new topics on just about anything than ever Saad did,
and I'm not saying that is bad, because most of them are very informative.
Have you ever Saad?" Hang on - why raise this if what you're saying is that Shannon is doing a good thing not a bad?? That's colloquially called mudslinging.

"If you had you would know that is just young Veedub enthusiast that doesn't mean any harm.. Yes he was annoying some times but didn't deserve to have all the racist comments directed at him.." 100% but that's got zip to do with why you deleted my posts and others. Absolutely NOTHING to do with how you dealt with the RS3 thread. That's history and you're muddying the water bringing that crap up.

"I'm sorry that you think I have over moderated.. I don't normally do that but i received several PM's with complaints about this particular thread and had to act...". Sorry is good to hear, but no, you didn't have to act just because someone makes unsubstantiated complaints that are untrue. If i began making those to you would you start deleting posts because i complain?

"I'm just human like everyone else and do this because it wasn't being moderated for a long time and went feral..." yes it did and yes ur human so admit you got it wrong. I think i recall saying it had gone very Lord of the Flies back then. Nobody is saying that it's not appreciated, but you have to fess up and say that your judgement wasn't as good as it should have been in this instance. I think you'll find a lot of goodwill will come washing back if you could reconsider.

"I'm happy to let all this go and move on but if you keep attacking the Moderator it's not going to end nice.." cheap threat and frankly enormously unprofessional to do so. This ain't your forum any more than mine. it sounds awfully like a power play or worse. I'll let it go when I hear why you deleted my posts either here or in a PM. If you don't then it's not going to end nice....yeah, that's the same threat you made. Touche.

c'mon AP, admit that this one time you haven't handled it as well as you could have and I'll - and other will probably move on. i've said before it's a thankless task, that i appreciate your intent but your judgment in this case could have been better.

I don't want to come on here to chat to other folks only to have that deleted when i've done nothing wrong. Those with the most power ought to exercise the most caution.

This is an off topic thread, i'm responding to it,as have you, thus feel I have right of reply to accusations that have been leveled at me and have not insulted you or used any profanities. I have an expectation this post remains unedited.

mleung

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI Pirelli
Anyone for "Day of our lives"????

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
I have reviewed the moderation actions and they are within reason. Please understand that it is often impossible to moderate certain threads and make every single member affected happy. Sometimes posts are removed simply to clean up a thread down to the absolute bare essential on-topic posts and sometimes posts are removed because they were in response other moderated posts. If you are moderated and affected in such ways, we apologize, but that is sometimes the collateral damage necessary to clean up threads, keep order, or keep things on topic.

This issue is closed, please do not keep posting about it. Thank you.

Happy hoildays to all :drinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.