GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

:(

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
Man, I hope you guys don't get unlucky with all the ice still on the roads.
I'm feeling really bad for my GTI :frown: .

:cry:

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG
Haha... I drive like its dry out in the snow.. I run 4 snow tires, traction control off. (I accidentally had it on and tried to do a controlled weight shift slide on my work driveway, yea the car definately had its say in that.. )

I :wub: snow driving..

italia1

Forza Azzurri
Your Crazy, snow tires don't make you indestructible, just don't come on here and start a thread and ask us to feel sorry for you when you smack your car up.

peterrabbit

ima eat yo family
my fav are those fools who drive suvs with snow tires -- and think they're invincible.

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG
Driving in the snow is like a jet ski, just because you can accelerate quick you have no way of stoping your momentum realistically, also turning is exagerated and you have to be prepared for it. I specifically "practice" driving in parking lots and abandoned industial lots to understand the dynamics of my car in the snow. Can accidents happen, sure, am I better off than the person that is deathly afraid of the snow and will jack there breaks when they loose some traction in snow, pretty much. to each his own but if I totaled a car by "playing in the snow", thats my loss. I'll tell you now though, any accident wouldnt be speed based. I only had one accident in the snow and that was within a few months of getting my license, it was a corner that was a sheer sheet of ice and the people that lived near that corner had called the city 5 times over 6 hours to have them clear that corner as they knew it would cause an issue if someone came though. That someone was me, I was cited as 0% responsible as I was at that time actually well below the speed limit and it was in my own neighborhood and I had taken that corner numerous times before, It was not driver error at all.

I exagerate a bit on my description of speeding, I will not do 55 in a 40 in incliment weather but I will do 30 in a 30 if I have visibility and I know my surroundings and where a potential issue could develop. But if a road is the right kind of coating, straight and non residentail, I'm not going to do 15mph for nothing.

vernsan

Ready to race!
I use to live up north all my life. I've driven in snow probably for over 7 years and have gotten some great practice out of it. Knowing your limits is good, especially of your car. Sure if you want to have fun do so but keep it safe. Ice is bad seriously. Slamming your brakes won't get you anywhere except the direction you were heading to in the first place. Keep a BIG distance from the car in front of you, especially because you'll never know when they may try to stop and it'll help the person behind you not hit you because they're too close.

Oh and those people in suvs are insanely stupid trying to be the king of the road.

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got my 10k service done at Alexandria VW and had the service guys take a look at the bent knuckle... and.... NOTHING IS BENT!! Everything is perfectly fine :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

For some reason, my car drives straight now :confused: :confused:

:laugh: :laugh: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Oh, they had 2 Farenheit GTIs ( one was 162, the other... dunno ) and they were sweet. They look much nicer in person and when the sun shines on the paint, wow :wub:. Better than I thought they would be..
The guys at the dealer also complimented the cosmetic mods on the GTI :biggrin: . Very friendly and cool dealership. I guess its worth it to search all over the place :thumbsup:

lslugz

1/1 MexiCAN
I had them flash my trans for LC, really nice people. The other dealers kept telling me i already had it, called them up and they said to bring it in and flashed it.

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
^:biggrin: :biggrin:

There is a recall apparantly on the 06 GTI with something to do with emissions or something. The guy told me it had to be done... so.... :confused: