GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is with Neftin?

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Just took my car in for 3 things. Repeated "Check fuel cap" light. Repeated center diffuser rattle. Launch Control TSB (which they have the CD for).

Already given grief.

1. Center diffuser rattle: "You know that rattles and squeaks are not covered under warranty right?"

O rly?

2. Lanch Control (Transmission software update): "We'll only do an update to your car if there is a problem with it."

I guess they've never heard of technical service bulletins before? Or they just don't want business?

Nikerey

Darkness
The problem with LC? Your car doesnt have it. Tell them your DSG is not fully featured and the TSB fixes that problem.

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
I told them that the notice said it applied to all 07s.. and that there's a TSB for my rattle. We'll see if they can fix even one thing.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
dang...that sucks...let me know how it goes, since i was planning on using them too.

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Eh

So they've had my car all day, to call and say:

1. We can't duplicate your rattle, so we did nothing. (maybe they drove with ear muffs on?)

2. Even though we found a code stating the evap canister is permanently leaking, we can't duplicate it, so we're doing nothing. (Enjoy your constant check fuel cap lights/CELs?)

3. We've never heard of the DSG TSB number (that you spoon fed to us. )

Yipeeee!

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG

1. We can't duplicate your rattle, so we did nothing. (maybe they drove with ear muffs on?)

2. Even though we found a code stating the evap canister is permanently leaking, we can't duplicate it, so we're doing nothing. (Enjoy your constant check fuel cap lights/CELs?)

Yipeeee!

Vent to VWoA... :thumbsup:

KaynE

FIA World Rally Car Champion
haha what horrible service man.

But I think Pasadena VW has the worst service. I checked online and they have so many minuses that it's unbelievable.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus

Yipeeee!

well, i have an appointment with them on monday, so we'll see how it goes. i'm going to say that my launch control does not work, and bring a hard copy of the tsb, in case they "misplaced" theirs.

arg...decisions decisions...livingston seems to have the most complaints from what i've read, and van nuys charged me over $200 to re-connect a hose, so i don't wanna go there again.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
I've got a friend in service that works at New Century. It's out of the way, but worth it at this point.

i've had good experience with new century, and they're about the same distance from me as neftin, just in the wrong direction, especially during the afternoon rush hour traffic. they replaced my abs module even though i had lots of mods on my b5, including aftermarket rotors and pads, and also replaced some airbag spring. service was quick too. had my car towed there close to 9 pm, and they where done by 4 pm the next day.

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
well, i have an appointment with them on monday, so we'll see how it goes. i'm going to say that my launch control does not work, and bring a hard copy of the tsb, in case they "misplaced" theirs.

arg...decisions decisions...livingston seems to have the most complaints from what i've read, and van nuys charged me over $200 to re-connect a hose, so i don't wanna go there again.

I handed them a hard copy of the TSB and they said they do not have the CD. One person with 4 posts here said they had it done at Neftin.. That's kind of suspect now.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
I handed them a hard copy of the TSB and they said they do not have the CD. One person with 4 posts here said they had it done at Neftin.. That's kind of suspect now.

sounds too shady, esp based on all the other negative feedback on the 'tex regarding them...i just made an appointment with new century for monday.

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
sounds too shady, esp based on all the other negative feedback on the 'tex regarding them...i just made an appointment with new century for monday.

Serious? I was going to make an appointment to have my car fixed the same day. Do they have LC?

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
Serious? I was going to make an appointment to have my car fixed the same day. Do they have LC?

i just called them this morning, and they said they still had a few slots left for Monday. i said i wanted LC, and they said ok, but if you want to wait a few days, i can tell ya what happens. i'm going in for a few other things too.