GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTB - MkV OEM Xenon headlights (cash & trade you my lights)

Bizi

Jetta with Rice
Car(s)
Jetta MY07
Hi,
Just figure I'd offer to buy a set of MkV OEM Xenons or failing that, OEM projector headlight housings with aftermarket HID kit.

I can offer my OEM headlights as a swap plus a fair value of cash, if this suits. However beware my lights are the standard silver housings rather than the GTI blacked out housing.

Might suit someone trading their car for a new car.

I'd offer around $1k plus trade of my headlights for a used, complete OEM Xenon setup, which doesn't sound like much but might be worthwhile for someone doing a trade. I'd estimate it would cost me around the same money to just buy OEM projector headlights and a HID kit anyway.

No worries if nobody's interested - just figure it's worth checking if anyone's interested in selling while there's still a market for it.

Please PM if you have some, know of some or have another idea.

Thanks
B.

frankachela

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 Black Rabbit
Dude. You can get the OEM projector housing and a good HID kit for $1k.

No one in their right mind will down grade from OEM Xenon to Halogen Reflector.

1k????
man i can get you a Xenon look by hella and a good 4300 HID kit(which is the Brightest) for a OEM finish
for about 750 shipped!

YouSnooze

You won't feel a thing ;)
Car(s)
2006 Mk V GTi
Projector housing lights (look exactly like OEM xenons) are USD $399.00 from parts$euro. Add on another couple of hundred for a good HID kit & you're looking at well under AUD$1K.

johnoR32

Werewolf Assassin
Car(s)
R32
look around for wrecked R32's or GTI's. a new set of oem xenons will cost you a testicle. just get a Golf R. you know you want it!!!

Bizi

Jetta with Rice
Car(s)
Jetta MY07
Since it's trade in time for a lot of people, I am just canvassing the forums to see if any GTI or R32 owners who've done a projector OEM (or projector+ xenon kit) upgrade might want to sell off the lights and take their car back to stock before selling it or trading it in.

Alternatively I could go the OEM projector route with parts4euro or US or eBay UK/DE sources, plus HID kit.

In a few unlucky cases, cars get severly rear-ended and I suppose that might be the car where the owner or wrecker might also have the lights up for sale.

I may only keep the car another year or 9mths, so am not really looking to do much more than maybe the headlights on this car.

Thanks for your input and I'll report any interesting news.

If anyone has other suggestions of who might have MkV projector headlights on offer, please let me know.

What's your view on the OEM Hella 'faux' Dynabeam (non Dynabeam cornering) lights, here on ebay UK?

Might improve the Jetta's appearance (baby Passat). I just wish there was a blacked out version. Worth doing?

Last edited:

triode12

Go Kart Champion
If you are only going to keep the car for another year why bother?
It is not like it is going to make world of difference - how many times will you use your headlights in a year?
And why waste the money? Keep it for the new Boxster. ;)

Bizi

Jetta with Rice
Car(s)
Jetta MY07
Yeah, I was considering smoking a set of standard lights (see this DIY - cut/disassemble, bake, paint, bake, silicon-glue, reassemble: smoked lights) but didn't know if I'd get a worthwhile result. Nice result in the DIY thread, but what's a bet I melt mine, haha.

I should have just bought Jason's (TDI-DSG's) spare set and had a go, but another mate needed the lights, so his need was greater and I'm OK with that.

The UK Hella Celis ebay seller quoted me 186GBP shipping!

frankachela

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 Black Rabbit
the Hella Dynabeam are pretty nice i just dont like the Strobe light!... my 2 cents

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
with the headlights on, you can hardly even see the celis arch.

it's only really visable when in the park position.

the dynabeams or even the dyna look ones would be a good way to go.

Jason.

Bizi

Jetta with Rice
Car(s)
Jetta MY07
Jason, the UK seller of the Hella dynabeam-look headlights is quoting 186GBP shipping, so maybe I should work out an alternative. That's ridiculous, dont you think?

penance

Fakinsupa
Car(s)
GTI
Yeah, I was considering smoking a set of standard lights (see this DIY - cut/disassemble, bake, paint, bake, silicon-glue, reassemble: smoked lights) but didn't know if I'd get a worthwhile result. Nice result in the DIY thread, but what's a bet I melt mine, haha.

Don't put them in the oven... it's not necessary. And definitely not worth the risk of melting some part of the housing.

I bought a $20 heat gun. That was all I needed. Took me 30 mins, roughly, to take each light apart. And mine are HIDs.