GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

(SYD) Northern Drive Message Board!

Capercat

It's a chuck-about
Thought I would create this thread as a message board for impromptu drives. Obviously its geared for those who live in the North, however anyone is welcome to attend :smile:

Anyone can simply post up a drive day/time, this board isn't meant to be formal.

Ok, there's a mini drive tomorrow at some point?

Not necessary to post attendance (your choice), PM's are welcome :thumbsup:

OPH 1968 - West Head Lookout

Attachments

• f3 near berowra 1968.jpg
    f3 near berowra 1968.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 498
  • West Head Lookout 7.jpg
    West Head Lookout 7.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 472
Last edited:

RobGtSport

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW R32
could u pm me the meet location?

might be in that area today so i might hang around

Bizi

Jetta with Rice
Car(s)
Jetta MY07
OPH or West Head, today 2PM? I'm preferring the former for today but would also like to do WH again soon. :)

Mrs is arranging that we have a BBQ this evening at Bobbin Head (in Kuringai NP), if anyone would like to join us after the drive.

Just off to shops to get some supplies.

Bizi

Jetta with Rice
Car(s)
Jetta MY07
Get a drive on a good weather weekend while you can!

The www.bom.gov.au Sydney forecast for Sunday is a mostly wet day, so don't put off your drive - join us 2PM today!

PM Capercat if you need directions.

Capercat

It's a chuck-about
Thanks guys, Rob I like that single rear swaybar, simple yet effective!

Shannon, Unibrace was a good move, another simple yet effective mod.

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Did you guys do a car swap?!?

Capercat

It's a chuck-about
I noticed the rear PS2's have a fair bit of tread wear for only 13,000kms, the fronts are fine. Gee wizz obviously not a daily driver :wink:

triode12

Go Kart Champion
Did you guys do a car swap?!?

No we didn't.

The Unibrace UB tightened up the chassis. No more flexing of the rear - the car feels tight and like one. There is also less vibration in the cabin. The knock on effect is that the turbo lag is lessened somewhat (as energy is not loss through vibration) and the ride on smaller bumps is smoothed over. But the ride is now more jarring over larger bumps (coilovers should solve this).

There seems to be less body roll and I had more confidence on the twisties.The difference from stock would probably be more pronounced for someone with better driving skills than mine. i.e. someone who is able to push the car to it's limits.

Last edited: