GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

You can't trust ANYONE!

agentcooper

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 Candy White GTI
So I take my brand one week old GTI to get the windows tinted. I take it to the best and most trusted place in town for fear of some jackass messing something up.

Well I get my car back late Friday afternoon and drive it home...pull into the garage and I start my evening spot cleaning and low and behold I have a nice 1/4 inch scratch on the back of the hatch right below the glass and not too far above the VW hatch opener! WTF you just can't trust anyone these days. The car is Candy White so you do have to get pretty close to actually see it but I didn't pay $165 for someone to scratch my car! So I called them this morning and the owner won't be in until Monday but they were very apologetic so I'm hoping they will pay for a repair. Or discount the tint drastically.

I called and got an estimate from "paint doctors" and they said they fix those kinds of scratches all the time and it normally runs about $150 to do it right.

Man that sucks!

agentcooper

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 Candy White GTI
Well this is a "little shop"...they are one of the most reputable window tinting places in town. They are locally owned and operated and have an excellent track record. I live in a small town 200,000 people so it's not like there are a ton of places to choose from. Around here you go with what most recommend and this is one of those places.

Why do you have to make it sound like it's my fault? Even when I called the paint scratch guy he asked which window tinting place did it....when I told him he exact words were "Wow, that's surprising, I rarely hear about them doing something like this".

Vod

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW GTI MKV
Shit happens, it sux but whatever. The way they handle this problem now, will show you how good they really are. Granted they should have told you they scratched it and offered you some options before you left the shop.

agentcooper

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 Candy White GTI
I live in Lubbock.

I doubt they even noticed they scartched it. It's not all that noticable....but that doesn't change the fact that they did indeed scratch it.

I'm sure they will take care of it though.

Meat

rack rack 'em
Car(s)
2007 GTI [DSG]
Hah, small town. My town has 6000. That's small, and there are even less in other places.

But as for your car, that stinks. Hopefully the tint looks good though.

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
I think you're bound to get scratches while getting a tint no matter what shop. All depends I guess, or some you just can't really tell. I got a similar clear-coat scratch in the rear hatch, but it's not too bad. And yes, I was pissed too. Gah :iono:

agentcooper

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 Candy White GTI
I guess I'm being a bit anal about it though. It is the first scratch on the car....if you guys saw the scratch you would probably all say "are you serious?" LOL

I tried to take a pic of it with my digital camera and even with me pointing at it you couldn't see it in the pic. It is there though...and it wasn't before. It is deep enough to put your finger nail in and when dirt gets in it you can see it even more.......I think I could probably get it touched up and it wouldn't look all that bad though.

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
Don't worry, after a few quick detailing or even a wax job, you should be fine. I think you had the same reaction as I did. I mean, they're still noticeable, but very subtle- only clear coat scratches. You'll be fine :thumbsup:

grasshopper

Frankie Says Reflex
Car(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK
I think you're bound to get scratches while getting a tint no matter what shop. All depends I guess, or some you just can't really tell. I got a similar clear-coat scratch in the rear hatch, but it's not too bad. And yes, I was pissed too. Gah :iono:
The problem is there's no reason for a scratch on the outside of the car after a tint job.

Seems like it's most likely some dude closing the hatch with a ring on his finger, which is not an acceptable casualty.

Hopefully they make good on it.

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
Or either when they clean the glass or close the hatch while holding the squeegy :iono:... shit is sneaky.

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
Yeah, make sure you do that after you get a tint. I did, but failed to report it. :cry:

vernsan

Ready to race!
Well hopefully it gets resolved, shit happens things in life always don't happen the way we want it to be.