GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket Deck using the stock Sirius antenna ?

Rippinrider

Ready to race!
I'm looking into getting an Alpine CDA-9855 CD head unit and getting the Sirius option for it. I have Sirius in my GTI right now.
Can I use my factory Sirius satelite antenna for the new aftermarket Alpine headunit ?
Some car stereo shops seem to think so, but I wanted to see if anyone has done this yet ? I really don't want to put another antenna on top of my car as I would like to keep a clean factory look, and utilize the existing antenna. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. :thumbup:

TheDome

faster than u think u are
You can use the factory ant. we do it all the time. you just need a splitter....the factory ant has 2 connectors all the new tuners use a one connector system. Terk makes the splitter.....

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
You got a model number from Terk for that splitter? I would like to do the same with my XM unit.

Branman

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
I would like more info on this as well, i have a iva-d310 indash and the sir-alp1 sirius box to go with the alpine indash. There is a antenna connection on the sirius box its round connector. Can i use that splitter because i would much rather have the factory antenna working. Thanks for any info

TheDome

Sir-sp is the sirius part # XM-sp is the xm piece.....you can use them with the square or round connectors....with the round just insert it in the center.....

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
That looks to be the reverse of what we need. Hard to tell from the pic.

TheDome

ooopss i'm sorry guys thats the new antenna old tuner peice you acn just use the mustard antenna on a sirius unit and there is an xm converger...i'll find the part # and get back to ya

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
the Alpine 9855 isn't gonna last you very long without issues though, That little slide bar thats on the bottom for the menu selection tends to have room for error in the precision and durablity issues, how ever the replacement being the 9856 shows a lot more promise. Your Call though, just letting you know from my own experience of usage. I stuck with a 9815 for my prelude because of the above mentioned.

LivEToDrivE

Car(s)
GTI
However do any of you know of a double din adaptor for the Alpine w200?

Rippinrider

Ready to race!
LivEToDrivE said:
the Alpine 9855 isn't gonna last you very long without issues though, That little slide bar thats on the bottom for the menu selection tends to have room for error in the precision and durablity issues, how ever the replacement being the 9856 shows a lot more promise. Your Call though, just letting you know from my own experience of usage. I stuck with a 9815 for my prelude because of the above mentioned.

I have heard and read that about this deck, but I have a CDA-7998 now with Bass Engine Pro and don't want to step down to just the Bass Engine (less crossover and parametric EQ adjustments). I also heard the first batch of those were bad and that they corrected the new ones. I'm gonna get the extended warranty with it, but no other decks in Alpine's 2006 line have Bass Engine Pro w/Media Xpander unless you jump to the DVA-9965 which is $1600.00 which is nuts.
I think the CDA-9855 is a steal with all that it comes with. Thanks for the heads up though. I have had Alpine's for years, they are the top sounding deck out there for the money. Options like Bass Engine Pro, Media Xpander, and the time correction settings through I-Personalize are worth it to me.

LivEToDrivE

Car(s)
GTI
Hey if you can, see if you can get your hands on a 9815 or 9813 if there are some that have no usage on them. Top of the line, and I havn't seen an Alpine that can match them quite yet. I wasn't sure about the repair to that bar or not, I just know it wasn't a very reliable technology reguardless. So I definitely recommend the extended warranty. Enjoy bud!

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Back to the original topic...I don't think that is what we want. There needs to be a cord from the connector to the plug on the unit.