GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Simoniz Washer Kit

italia1

Forza Azzurri
My Girlfriend bought me a simoniz full washer kit, it comes with friggin everything...but I'm reluctant to use it ( when it gets warm enough of couse....fuckin winter) Anyways it comes with a cordless handheld buffer with different circular pads that you can interchange with varrying degrees of rough and soft. Has anyone used or using this or something similar for applying waxes or polishes?

vantage

Ready to race!
I don't know if I would recommend using Simoniz wash products on your car, they're not great but if you're not an absolute detailing freak like some then I guess they're ok.

As far as waxing, you don't really need an electric buffer to wax your car. You can just apply the wax by hand and then remove it with a microfiber. If you don't know what you're doing the buffer machine can fuck up your paint.

Froster

Passed Driver's Ed
If you don't know what you're doing the buffer machine can fuck up your paint.

I assume that the buffer is orbital (there is a rotary buffer in the Simonize line, but I've never see it in a kit), if so, it will be fine on your paint. Just make sure that you use a clean, good quality terry cloth or microfiber bonnet.

I have a Ryobi random orbital buffer from Home Depot myself, and its great for applying wax. I apply the wax by hand, and buff with the Ryobi after. Its pretty handy. Random orbital buffers like these dont really have enough power to cause any damage (unless you get really stupid with it).