GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Golf GTI DSG vs Audi TT Coupe 2.0 TFSI S tronic

ACT_GTI07

Go Kart Champion
I had a friend mention the new Audi TT coupe the other day. As I understand it the 2.0 TFSI has the same engine as the GTI and the S tronic is the same as the DSG. Beyond the Audi brandname and the $30k price difference is the Audi that different that it justifies the higher price over the GTI? Audi claims a 6.4 sec 0-100 because of a lighter car though.

SideFX

Black and White
You are asking the wrong crowd here...of course there are no justifications...:wink:
maybe ask the Audi community...I'm sure they'll justify the difference..:biggrin:

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
The Audi has badge cred, nicer interior, lighter curb weight with better f/r weight distribution and better build quality.

sola|2a

vdubinmatownhaus
as Kirium said!

also one's a hatch and the other's a coupe ... can u really compare? u're bound to attract more attention in a TT and for some ppl that justifies the extra $25K! most ppl cant tell the diff between a GTI and a rabbit anyway... like my sister!

nike61

Ready to race!
Not sure I agree. I considered the Audi at same time as GTI. I agree you are paying for the badge and maybe the fact that into Australia the Audi's are ex Germany where the GTI is ex South Africa.
To me, the interior was the same, same dash etc
In fact I found that you got a lesser spec on the Audi for a higher price.
To be honest, theirs no difference really and any price difference you save you can then spend on mods :thumbup: :w00t:
Its more the Audi name V the VW name and some people have yet to accept that VW Golfs are good quality, but we all know they are :headbang:

ab156

Go Kart Champion
hehehe - that's my thread on 'tex.

The more I look at the TT the dirtier I feel - I hope the GTI doesn't sense something is up :iono:

That thing is the business.

Or maybe in white :drool: (it's render)

Main issues atm are the fact you need to go to the S line to loose the leather seats and the $25k turns into $35k pretty quickly once you tick that box. It is TINY inside compared to the GTI.

dodgey

Not a VW owner
Main issues atm are the fact you need to go to the S line to loose the leather seats and the $25k turns into $35k pretty quickly once you tick that box. It is TINY inside compared to the GTI.

Yes it does go up in price quickly when you start adding options. I was speccing up an A3 before I went the GTI.

Don't think of it as it being TINY inside. Think of it as being cossetted snugly in the Audi's loving interior :bellyroll:

Mangas

hi guys...have this friend of mine whos driving a peaugot 4 0 something something...he was saying maybe a TT will make a GTI look old fashioned...i said to him maybe if i were in ur position i would think so 2...

look if u compare the 2 then u`ll b making a big mistake...a TT has it`s own rivals like the 350z etc...the GTI will always b the benchmark...u shud c how it turns heads in SA. it will stay a panty-dropper 4 the longest time...well am not taking anything 4rom the TT though...

ab156

Go Kart Champion
If you think the GTI will drop more "panties" than a new TT then I think you are chasing the wrong kind of panties!!

I agree the GTI is a better choice in it's category, that said it is hard to find the natural competitor to the 2LT TT. The 350 is less, the RX8 looks stale / weird / dated (IMHO). The Porsche is always 15k away.

The purchase of GTI is a logical one, the TT is an emotional one...

Still pondering although I did get to follow a 3.2 the other nite.... my "panties" were falling down ;)

ACT_GTI07

Go Kart Champion
Talking about "in category" how does the GTI stack up against the Mazda 3 MPS ??? I was considering it before I got my GTI. Only catch was that it was manual only. I can drive manuals but I prefered the DSG on the GTI. Suprisingly the M3MPS has a lot more power than the GTI, is quicker, and is a damm sight cheaper as well. Only thing I can think GTI has over it would be build quality. :iono:

Hong Chau

Banned
Talking about "in category" how does the GTI stack up against the Mazda 3 MPS ??? I was considering it before I got my GTI. Only catch was that it was manual only. I can drive manuals but I prefered the DSG on the GTI. Suprisingly the M3MPS has a lot more power than the GTI, is quicker, and is a damm sight cheaper as well. Only thing I can think GTI has over it would be build quality. :iono:

power difference?? nothing a CHIP won't fix.:headbang:
M3MPS is quicker, but not as nice to drive.
and it looks to much like an SP23.
i think GTI has better badge cred than the M3MPS.