GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTB : CAN gateway

buckets

Ready to race!
Hey all,

I've just received my RNS510 and have read that the CAN gateway needs to be replaced. The RNS is version C and the Jetta is late '06 so according to all the research I'm going to have a power drain issue. So I'm looking for an updated gateway. If somebody has one laying about the place then I'm happy to throw some cold hards their way for it.

Thanks In Advance

thefullarchie

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI, BM, 3Dr, MT
Mate, I also need a new gateway to install my RCD510 into an 06 GTI. I think online will be our best bet... im just not sure which one to order or the best place to purchase it from? Any ideas?

buckets

Ready to race!
Don't know of anybody offhand. Thought if I can't get a lead from here, might try the links on Maverick's site (my-gti.com) or see about getting prices from some of the local supplier's(aka dismantlers). Our cars are at an age now where I'm sure there will be some wrecks about with the bits we need. Failing that, we could probably get a decent price for buying two or three (or more if we can scrounge the numbers!).

camerooney

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Dub!
Hey guys,

Cheapest and best bet is to email this company
skodateile@seznam.cz

I bought mine from there after a recommendation from a fellow forum member for roughly 91 euros shipped to Aus. Shipping took 2 weeks.

Basically just flick them an email and ask them if you can purchase any of these following revision gateways (or later I suppose) 1K0 907 530 AA, 1K0 907 530 AB and 1K0 907 530 AC. Pay via paypal, give him your address and away you go. They sent me an AA revision unit.
:wink:

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
i got mine from them too.

shipping took about 11 days.
i got version S (the newest one at the time) and it was about 74 euro shipped

be informed that if you get them from him, they will be set up for a LHD car.
easy to change, but if you don't do it, you will get a heap of error codes.

buckets

Ready to race!
Looks like we got our responses 'archie'.

buckets

Ready to race!
A quick question for those who are in the know. Are the CAN gateways all the same? By that I mean, can I buy one for say a Polo and it will work in my Jetta?

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
there would be differences, i guess.

but as long as the main part number is the same 1K0 907 530 (and just the suffix is different)
it should be fine.

Maverick can probably confirm this though.

my current gateway (Version S) was from a skoda. so take from that what you will.

1K0-907-530-AE appears to be the most current version.

Jason.

Maverick

Go Kart Champion
there would be differences, i guess.

but as long as the main part number is the same 1K0 907 530 (and just the suffix is different)
it should be fine.

Maverick can probably confirm this though..

Spot on, as long as the part number is right it should be ok.

Sometimes modules of a certain revision/modification versions may not work well with other modules of specific revision/versions but for the gateway this isn't an issue.

Volkswagen - Audi - Seat - Skoda part numbering system

buckets

Ready to race!

buckets

Ready to race!
Trigger's been pulled by Charlie and myself. Thanks for the help all. Will keep you posted with any dramas/anomalies we find when we install our respective units

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
the biggest thing to keep an eye on is the LHD setting.

once that's all correct, you shouldn't have any dramas.

Jason.

buckets

Ready to race!
Yep....remember reading about that from your install Jason.

buckets

Ready to race!
Quick update:

Both CAN gateways are in and the 3rd generation head units are both working well (including Charlie's MDI and my old Ipod adaptor). Strangely though, my CAN gateway was located differently to Charlie's. We found his rather quickly (above the brake pedal), whereas I had to go into the dash up to my elbow to reach the damn thing! It was located above the CECM and behind the small relay panel inside the dash behind the driver's cubby.

Thanks again for the help guys, much appreciated.