Passed Driver's Ed
WHO is in????

DATE: Saturday 4th of September
VENUE: WAKEFIELD PARK

COST:
$250 includes:
- Driver training throughout the day
- Official Natsoft lap timing,
- GoPro camera footage (DVD sent to your home address that includes video footage & photos)
- Light refreshments; soft drink and water
- FREE entry to a draw to win store credits

BOOKINGS/ENTRY FORMwww.epcc.net.au
MORE INFO: MARC & EMMA - epcchallenge@gmail.com or info@epcc.net.au

fir-26t

Passed Driver's Ed
Wish they gave an accurate indication of exactly how much track time you can expect for the money.

trust me, more then enough....

How much track time do you expect???

Robby_jai

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3, AUDI Q5
i can give you an exact amount of time. 8x15 minute session (4 timed and 4 untimed)

and if thats not enough i dont know what the hell is and trust me ... if you tracked your car any longer than that... you car wouldnt make it home after the track day, it would over heat, cook the pads and a whole host of others.

if anything sometime its FAR too much track time and i head home early before the day is done

Schnitzel Baby

Bright shirt, dull mind
Car(s)
Golf MK5 GTi
i thought the event sold out!!! how did you manage to get a spot

Yeah, weird!

I just followed the link fir-26t had in his post.... http://www.epcc.net.au/

filled in the form, paid via PayPal and got an email back from them saying I'm all good to go. I just checked the Circuit Club site and it says it's booked out.

I didn't think it was the same event, as the entry fee was different ($210 circuit club, $250 EPCC) but it must be as it's on the same day??:iono:

Robby_jai

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3, AUDI Q5
Epcc actually piggy back off the circuit club event. its the same event.

they charge extra because they add video footage and entry into a competition for prizes.

just for safety sake check with marc that your position is confirmed with Circuit club. will be good to see you again on track :)

Schnitzel Baby

Bright shirt, dull mind
Car(s)
Golf MK5 GTi
Ah, okay, I'll send Marc an email to double check. Hopefully it's all okay. If so, I'll see you at the track.

Looking forward to trying out the Kuhmo V710s....

fir-26t

Passed Driver's Ed
Good work, more VW's on the track... That's what I like to see....

Now we can team up and run Robby of the track ;)

$40 extra gives you the camera footage, photos, light refreshments and entry into draw...

fir-26t

Passed Driver's Ed

fir-26t

Passed Driver's Ed
10 spots left.....

fir-26t

Passed Driver's Ed
Itinerary for the day.

7.45: Gates Open - Drive in, get yourself a garage spot

8.00: Sign In - The earlier you get there, the more time you have to
prep your car!

8.45: Drivers Briefing - This needs to be done before you are allowed
onto the track. If you haven’t signed in by now, you may miss your
first session on the track.

9.00: Track Opens - Passenger sessions are first, then alternating
every hour (or when all groups have had their session) with timed
sessions.

4.00: Track Closes

fir-26t

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you to everyone that attended..... If was a fun day!!!!:cool::cool:

On the way down to Wakefield Park, seemed like dejavu.... Just like last time, yet another car accident, where a car rolled over onto its roof, has come off the road taking out several trees... Road block, police, and ambulance everywhere...

Arriving at WP, it was wet, as expected, with very light rain throughout the day.... Nothing HEAVY!!!!
It looked like it was going to clear up throughout the day but that was not the case..

There was a mix of cars BUT the Renault club dominated the numbers throughout the event..

Right through the day it seemed like, the rear wheel drive cars, as well as the 4x4, had problems with traction and staying on the track... The truck had to come out several times to bog out the trapped....

Keep a lookout for footage in the near future..... I will post up some videos

On the other hand, the front wheels drive cars seemed in control, especially the Renault’s.....

Sammy driving his moded MK6 GTI, with suppppper soft compound tyres dominated the hot hatch category, from start to finish, with a time of 1:24.1..... Anthony driving a stock Clio 197 was hot on his hills with pretty much the same time, behind by a couple of hundreds of a second....

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?04/09/2010.WAKE

The wind picked up in the afternoon, the day ended incident free (as usual) and it was time to head back home....

To my surprise, NOT REALLY, yet another car accident stopped the traffic.... This time a 4x4 was in the middle of the road, flipped over on its roof, which was no where to be seen :eek:, with litter scattered everywhere.... Just like in those commercials, looked pretty bad....

Good reminder to drive safely, and if you’re taking risk, pushing the car to its limit, take it out on the race track NOT on public roads.....

Saying that, make sure you book a spot for our next track event being held at Eastern Creek on Thursday 11th of November 2010....

See you then...

Last edited: