GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Good news - for a change

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
Pleased to find out today that my car is scheduled to be built week 18 (first week in May) and delivery should therefore be first week in July.

4 months down....3 months to go. There's light at the end of the tunnel.

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
Is that because of this?

Volkswagen Group Australia has moved to prevent the popular Golf GTI becoming a victim of its own success.

The company announced at the recent Passat launch that its backlog of some 800 hot hatch customers will be cleared by June, following an agreement with the factory to increase production for Australia.

"We've had an ongoing drama with the Golf GTI," said VGA managing director Jutta Dierks.

"Customers had to wait months - we couldn't even really say when they would get their car and we are still sitting on 800 orders which are not scheduled to go into production.

"But as we speak today, we have an agreement with headquarters that all these 800 cars are going into production as quickly as possible. Some of them will go into production today, but the last cars will be produced by the end of June and will be here eight weeks later."

Ms Dierks said the waiting time for VW's new Golf GTI - which had been as long as six months - would be dramatically cut as a result, following flak from customers.

"It's spoken a bit for the brand that people waited so long for the car. But I think we should not over-extend the patience of our customers. It has stretched the friendship. There has been a lot of heat from customers.

"I can tell you it was a major drama for us. It was not easy - it took some time to work it out. We want to sell them, to increase our market share and to see them on the streets."

Ms Dierks added that VGA has also reached agreement with the factory to increase production throughout July and beyond, to ensure that Golf GTI supplies remain consistent thereafter.

"If we solve one order bank problem we don't want to build up a new order bank, so we actually have more production through July and the coming months, which is another agreement we're quite happy about.

"So every single customers that comes in today ... his car is going into the production of July. Even customers who come later still have a chance to have their cars produced in July, which means we're more or less back to normal," she said.

© 2006 AAP

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
i would say so, i was reading on vortex that they reckon build quality might be rushed.

i sure hope not though.

congrats man you wont be disspointed when you get it.

SSS_Hoon

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
Talking to the Allocations Department yesterday, they said that the supply to Australia was actually cut back in January and February. This would explain why my original delivery date of May was then drawn out to September. Now, although it's about six weeks over the original delivery time, it's sure as hell better than September/October.

The thing that l didn't like was not knowing. Now l have a build date and I'm as happy as Larry. :thumbup:

Discotheque

Go Kart Champion
The wait from once you know your car is built until delivery is harder than the whole period before then, well I found that to be the case anyway. Mine is now due next week for delivery to me and the wait is painful.

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
Mine was built in January and I got delivery in early March, Id say it was built in late January though so if going by that timeframe its around another month till it gets on the road. Great to hear the progress though! :)

AJW

Go Kart Newbie
Yes, mine's suposed to be arriving in Sydney on the 11th and should hopefully have the car by the end of April.
8 months latter - do we get a little badge for waiting so long :biggrin:

Sublyme - do you know how long your car took from boat arriving to picking it up at Penrth?

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
it feels good to know that you didint have to wait for the GTi like all the others.

SSS_Hoon

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
AJW - Id say it was about 3 weeks or so, depending on what options you got the dealer has to do some of it once the car arrives as it isn't done at the factory eg. tinting and protection package. Not sure what else, maybe the stereo?

Id say the harder you push, the quicker you'll get it.The thing is I never really pushed them to hurry it up because of having to sell my car and organising the finance etc. They offered to get it ready the week before I actually picked it up but I told them not to worry and that Id pick it up the following Monday. Im sure they don't get many customers telling them to delay it abit :p

lefti04

Passed Driver's Ed
I dropped a deposit on a GTI from a NSW dealer (me from VIC), supposedly cancelled, due for delivery in July. See how it goes.

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
The news just keeps getting better.

Talked to the Allocations Department today and was told that my GTi, which was due to be built week 18 (this week) was in fact built week 16.

It's on the way, finally. Woohoo!

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Giddyup!! :thumbup:

If you've got your VIN, you can go to www.2wglobal.com (then customer care -> cargo tracking -> auto cargo) and see when she was loaded and so on...

Mine was week 17 build and loaded on the 27th onto the Medea

Last edited:

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
Kirium said:
Giddyup!! :thumbup:

If you've got your VIN, you can go to www.2wglobal.com (then customer care -> cargo tracking -> auto cargo) and see when she was loaded and so on...

Mine was week 17 build and loaded on the 26th onto the Medea

Thanks for that, is it the last 6 numbers of the VIN?