GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

any M$ excel Gurus out there ?

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
i need a little help with a spreadsheet that im working on.

im in the process of making a fuel tracking sheet.
it has all the data and formulas on worksheet one.

is there an easy way i can have excel display the relevant data
on sheet 2 ? that way i can have the 1st worksheet (which looks like a dogs breakfast) hidden in the background and the data displayed nice and neat on worksheet 2 ?

as i enter new data on worksheet 1, the data on sheet 2 will be automatically updated.

i hope that makes sense ?

Jason.

easydubbin

every day i'm dubbin it
definitely possible.

set up everything, like EVERYTHING on page 1, then copy/cut (one fucks up alot, the other usually works, don't remember which) and paste what you want to see on page 2. if one of the cells shits the bed, just double click on it then hit enter. kind of resets the cell.

you're biggest trouble will be making sure the formulae reference the correct cells, and perform the correct operation in the correct order. GL

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
thanks for the input.

the problem for me is i don't actually need (or want) ALL the data from worksheet one on number two.
all i really want on sheet 2 is the averages from sheet 1.

Jason.

RedlineMotorworks

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 BMP GTI
Jason,
It's very easy. Make sure you have all your data on sheet #1 (you already do). Click over on sheet #2. Start entering a formula like you normally would (for example =AVERAGE(****)). When you reach the point where you need to select data, click over to sheet 1, select whatever cells you need to calculate your final value, click back over to sheet 2, close off the brackets or finish up the expression and then hit enter.

RedlineMotorworks

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 BMP GTI
BTW, I'm sure you want to set it up so that you can just input new data values on Sheet 1 and that the changes take effect on Sheet 2 where your final average is displayed. Simply select the entire row or column (however you have it set up) so the average on sheet 2 will always include your newest data value. If you select an empty cell, Excel disregards it so whenever you fill up that empty cell with a data point, it will include it on your average.

If you don't do this, your average will never change because you have just selected a finite number of cells.

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
thanks, ill give it a go and see how i go.

this is my first time using excel for anything other than simple lists.

i also have some divide by zero errors i need to figure out.
im trying to find a way to make excel ignore a cell that has the div error, and put a 0 or just blank cell.

Jason.

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
grrrr......

im about ready to start pulling my hair out......

i cant figure out anything other than the static figures on the 2nd sheet.

i have attached the xl file.
can someone that understands what they are doing have a look at page 2 ?

i have set up page 2 with the data fields where i want them.
i just cant figure out the formulas.

there's no macro's on the xl file. (i wouldn't know how to create them)

i would greatly appreciate any help with finishing this off.

Jason.

Attachments

• Fuel.zip
    10 KB · Views: 851

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
strange, i was just able to test download it no problems.

PS. all the figures on the sheet are in metric.
IE: Kilometres and litres per 100KM etc......

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
yeah, its probably the work network.
im at home now, (its 1:23 am here lol) but at work i cant download anything, they wont even allow youtube to work....

Jason.

easydubbin

every day i'm dubbin it
i'll see what i can do later. got a burst of inspiration and motivation sittin here in my cube today. who knows, maybe you'll wake up and it'll be fixed lol.

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
thanks.

any help will be appreciated....

Jason.

easydubbin

every day i'm dubbin it
i think i managed to fix sheet 1, i think you just forgot to add an initial value row to base everything else off, so now you have a row (29) of data that looks out of place. this is where i get lost. do you want to be able to input new values on page 2 and have them be added to page 1? or do you want to add values on page 1 and have a clean and tidy readout on page 2?

sorry if i completely balled up your spreadsheet, but i hope this will help get you on the right track, or get you to ask certain questions lol. let me know if you need any more help. GL :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Fuel.zip
    13 KB · Views: 824

isaw84

Banned
Car(s)
MKV GTI
ok,
I've looked at it. and fixed the basics..
you cant write fomulas from formual cells. you need to get a total of the raw data then work off that.

I'm not sure how to get the last cell with data (a simple if statement should work??) for the last fuel price, but the other bits you can make a running total for .

and 6.4l/100km is impressive :D

Attachments

• fuel-semifixed.zip
    15.3 KB · Views: 808