GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BirdCrap scratch...

Ballinfrogs

Go Kart Champion
Well, to make a long story short, a bird crpaped on my car, my girlfriend tried to scratch it off, and while taking it off, she scratched a little paint, so there is a little area where it was with barely visibble scratches, but I can see them. Anyone know the best wya to remove these microscratches. They can only be seen if the right light reflection is directed on it...

Ballinfrogs

Go Kart Champion
hhmm, im thinking that polish will take care of it..

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
probably... i used to be the same way but i realized new cars are gonna get messed up somehow bcuz of birds or whatever lmao

nosbiggie

Ready to race!
have u tried mcguires scratch X?

notsolinear

Takes his fast for rides
I got the same thing just wiping some crap off with a wet paper towel. I was even careful about it. Can only see it in glancing light. I'm hoping it goes away when I wax it (once it's warm enough outside).

Wiely

Banned
damn never try to scratch off or wipe off bird shit, bad news. Bird shit is acidic and has rough abrasive shit in it, wash it off as much as you can with a steam of water then with a soapy mit. As far as getting the scratches out, some cheap cleaner wax should do it, mothers is good for the money. get a damp micro-fiber to apply it and a clean dry one to take it off. repeat if needed. it should come out as long its just in the clear...good luck

Ballinfrogs

Go Kart Champion
scratch x huh? I guess ill try that if the waxing and polishing dont work.

Medder

Passed Driver's Ed
The same thing happened to me once, I hate any birds shxtting over my GTI. I used cleaner Wax to polish it, worked to a certain extent. However I'm getting the front bonnet re painted because of stone chips.
Next time when it happens use Meguiars SOFT WASH GEL (pink stuff), put a few drops over the top of bird shxt, leave it there for 2-3 mins, you can hose it off without a wipe.

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
does Meguiar's X Scratch really work (besides on bird doodoo) :tongue:? I have a clear-coat 3/4" scratch or something by the passenger door... afraid it might not work. :frown:

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
so i bought scratch-x... WTF, am i not doing it right? that shit doesn't work! :mad::bellyroll: