GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Scuff Plates

Simo

I noticed a friends GTi had steel scuff plates so I assumed they were fitted as standard however my R32 came with nothing, just the basic black plastic lining which is getting scratched.

Has anyone had scuff plates fitted after their car was delivered and if so how much were they? I noticed you can get illuminated ones - anyone got them and are the worth the $$?

Tiny Gti

Banned
Car(s)
05 GTI MKV DSG 5DR
I noticed a friends GTi had steel scuff plates so I assumed they were fitted as standard however my R32 came with nothing, just the basic black plastic lining which is getting scratched.

Has anyone had scuff plates fitted after their car was delivered and if so how much were they? I noticed you can get illuminated ones - anyone got them and are the worth the $$?

My GTI has steel scuff plates! the 05 GTI's came with them standard! unfortunately this was one of the cut backs on 06 models which had a GTI sticker over the black lining!

Im sure you can get steel R32 scuff plates! I actually thought they were standard on the R32's!

shauno

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW Golf MkV GTI
I've got the dealer-supplied 'GOLF' 5-door scuff plates on my TDI - they look great, RRP is $400ish plus fitting, I think I paid $250 fitted.

Goneincognito

Go Kart Champion
I've got the dealer-supplied 'GOLF' 5-door scuff plates on my TDI - they look great, RRP is $400ish plus fitting, I think I paid $250 fitted.

Just rang almost every dealer in Victoria.

"GOLF" scuff plates for a 5 door. All are for the part only (fitting extra.. Over $100 at some dealers) and include GST.

All it is is an adhesive alliminium strip that sticks to the moulding.

$391
$410
$390
$398
$371
$390
$300.80
$469
$300
$417

I only got one quote for the illunimated ones and that was $781 :eek: for the part only

If you want, send me a PM and I can tell you which dealers they are from.

Last edited:

Hilton_K

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 GTI

nike61

Ready to race!
Bit confused on what people are discussing. Is it Door Sills or Scuff Plates?
My 06 GTI came with GTI what I called scuff plates. I am looking at the door sills aftermarket and this guy in Hong Kong has some kool items with GTI or Golf either for 2 or 4 door MKV's. He has some good feedback some from Aussie.
Is this what you looking for :w00t:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VW-Golf-MK5-GTI-Chrome-Dual-Tone-Door-Sill-4-Drs-FAST_W0QQitemZ280076386474QQihZ018QQcategoryZ9895QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem

Goneincognito

Go Kart Champion
Bit confused on what people are discussing. Is it Door Sills or Scuff Plates?
My 06 GTI came with GTI what I called scuff plates. I am looking at the door sills aftermarket and this guy in Hong Kong has some kool items with GTI or Golf either for 2 or 4 door MKV's. He has some good feedback some from Aussie.
Is this what you looking for :w00t:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VW-Golf-MK5-GTI-Chrome-Dual-Tone-Door-Sill-4-Drs-FAST_W0QQitemZ280076386474QQihZ018QQcategoryZ9895QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem

That is what the prices I got were for but they had GOLF instead of GTI.

nike61

Ready to race!
Suggest buy from ebay as a lot cheaper and they just stick on.

I understand that the VW ones though you actually replace the plastic in total thus the higher cost.

But the ebay ones should be just as effective :headbang:

ACT_GTI07

Go Kart Champion
excuse the really crappy quality but these are the scuff plates I was thinking about on the MY07.

Attachments

• scuff.JPG
    scuff.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,663

Goneincognito

Go Kart Champion
I understand that the VW ones though you actually replace the plastic in total thus the higher cost.

Not true.

All the dealers I rang (11 in total) confirmed that they just stick on the same as the ebay ones. The illuminated ones may be a different story, or at least they would want to since they cost over $800

Strangely enough.... I was also quoted $45 from a dealer for the plastic piece that they are ment to protect from scuffs!