GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Stealership

EBGTI

So I dropped off my car for a routine maintenance and to fix the A/C unit (compressor blew out of warranty) at Norwood Volkswagen Gallery. REALLY bad idea.

They overcharged $500 on the A/C work, realigned the wheels without asking my permission, and forgot to even clear the "Service Now" message that comes up on the car's computer. Not to mention the experience just talking to them was far from engaging. The best part, though, was that one of the workers stole the iPod hookup in my car.

Moral of the story: I'm looking for a recommended dealership in the south Boston area to bring my car for routine maintenance, a place to realign the wheels again (they took ALL the feeling out of the car and now the steering wheel is crooked when driving straight, which is maddening for someone like me) and a place for some audio work (might as well install a nice sub and replace the iPod hookup).

Also, for future reference, anyone have any recommendations for where to get a Stage 1 chip around here? I was thinking APR, but price is also a major factor, so something cheap-ish.

Thanks all!

aGdTaIm

Ready to race!
I use Paul Clark VW in Brockton. There great there and they won't steal anything out of your car or do any work you don't want them to. I've left my camera in the back seat many of times, and my iPod is in there all the time.

For the chip there is a few places depending on what you want. I got my APR done at Marc's Foriegn Car in Wakfield. If you want REVO then there's Autobahn rightaround the same area, I think it's Peabody. That's a great but expensive place to get an alignment too. Especially if you are lowered. If your stock height I'd just hit up Town Fair or something. Now you can get GIAC out in Sutton at F&S Automotive.

cyclopath

Ready to race!
You definitely need to write a complaint to the manager and up the chain. Someone needs to get the ball rolling and put an end to this shoddy workmanship. If everyone leaves mad and does nothing about it, then everyone who goes there will get screwed. They may or may not take you seriously, but when someone else complains, they will have to take action.

iceberq

pewpew
Car(s)
2006 GTI DSG/CW/APR
you need to professionally report this to the manager of the dealership. where was this?

EBGTI

I use Paul Clark VW in Brockton. There great there and they won't steal anything out of your car or do any work you don't want them to. I've left my camera in the back seat many of times, and my iPod is in there all the time.

For the chip there is a few places depending on what you want. I got my APR done at Marc's Foriegn Car in Wakfield. If you want REVO then there's Autobahn rightaround the same area, I think it's Peabody. That's a great but expensive place to get an alignment too. Especially if you are lowered. If your stock height I'd just hit up Town Fair or something. Now you can get GIAC out in Sutton at F&S Automotive.

I actually just switched over to Paul Clark out of desperation and because they're the closest dealership to me. I'm really happy with what they've done and the way they treat me.

I was actually looking at Banchwerks in Rhode Island for an APR chip because it's closer, but Marc's Foreign Car was also close. Do you know their policy on reflashing?

As for Volkswagen Gallery, a lot of people use the place and like it. I still have acne, so I look really young. Probably, they thought I was still 16 or something and figured they could pull the wool over my eyes. Either way, that's mostly a warning. I'm not the eye for an eye type, and if they treat everyone like that the problem will fix itself as they lose customers. I just don't think it's even worth the time to drag myself up there again just to complain.

JRM5035

Passed Driver's Ed
I actually just switched over to Paul Clark out of desperation and because they're the closest dealership to me. I'm really happy with what they've done and the way they treat me.

I was actually looking at Banchwerks in Rhode Island for an APR chip because it's closer, but Marc's Foreign Car was also close. Do you know their policy on reflashing?

As for Volkswagen Gallery, a lot of people use the place and like it. I still have acne, so I look really young. Probably, they thought I was still 16 or something and figured they could pull the wool over my eyes. Either way, that's mostly a warning. I'm not the eye for an eye type, and if they treat everyone like that the problem will fix itself as they lose customers. I just don't think it's even worth the time to drag myself up there again just to complain.

I get worked over by Quirk, and I really need a new dealership to go to (esp considering I'm going to have warranty transmission work done and want it done right), I'm going to try Paul Clark's.

I got flashed by Marc at Marc's Foreign Car, cool ass guy. He did a trial for me, I drove it around for a half hour then went back for the real thing. I'd definitely recommend either him or Banchwerks, stay away from Eastside unless you want something easy like wheels.

Garbenator

K20z1
Car(s)
RSX-S
Go to Autobahn Performance in Peabody, MA. They are a little expensive, but trust me they know their stuff! Best place ever to get a real alignment, and they aren't sneaky...They have a printed receipt of what they are going to do and price, and have you sign it before they work on anything.

asp87

Ready to race!
I know the guys at Banchwerks and have never heard a bad customer review. The owner, Jesse, is a real cool dude who knows his stuff.

For parts I go to Mattie in Fall River. If you come with p/n's they'll usually give you a bit of a discount.

A friend of mine who sold his GTI and now has a Tiguan used to bring his there for service too. He said he always asked for Aaron.

PracticalMagicX

The Bomb Diggity Yo!
Car(s)
GTI
for the alignment try to find a just brakes plus. they're really good and they print a sheet with all your toe and camber degrees and everything like that