GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Picked up the new GTI today.

jimmythefish

Passed Driver's Ed
4-door UG MT, 17" wheels, cloth, no sunroof. The only options we got were the rear airbags and some monster mats. South Centre in Calgary, a good no-nonsense and pleasant experience, but then I paid sticker, so I guess they like that. I'd do it again.

No pics yet, too dark and too busy. Will post soon.

It has the running changes, including simplified CC stalk and deleted headlight washers. It still has the rear air vents. The ride height seems to be a little less SUV-like than the photos I've seen, though I'll have to take a look on level ground in the daylight. It's probably the case that it isn't any lower than past stock GTIs, though I'm not as offended by the ride height as I thought I'd be. I don't want to get anyone excited, though.

I'm very impressed with it. It's gonna be a tough 1000kms for the break-in. The interior seems to be of a higher quality than I remember from the test drive - just a very tight, attractive package. It feels very solid. This being the first new car I've ever bought, I'm freaked out that I've just spent this much money on something (I'm sharing it with my g/f too). It'll be good when the 'new' wears off and it's just a car, and I'm not deathly afraid of fingerprints and mud.

If anyone wants me to check on something specific, lemme know. I'll do my best to post pics of whatever you wish to see. My thesis is due Monday so likely this stuff will have to wait until next week. Gives me an incentive to get done!

Cheers.

Courvein

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MkV GTI
Awesome! Gratz on the ride!! hopefully i'll be picking up mine soon :) What was the production date on the GTI?

Also, pictures, pictures and more pictures :) maybe some of the interior to show the changed CC stalk would be nice!

:thumbsup: :w00t:

vantage

Ready to race!
4-door UG MT, 17" wheels, cloth, no sunroof. The only options we got were the rear airbags and some monster mats. South Centre in Calgary, a good no-nonsense and pleasant experience, but then I paid sticker, so I guess they like that. I'd do it again.

No pics yet, too dark and too busy. Will post soon.

It has the running changes, including simplified CC stalk and deleted headlight washers. It still has the rear air vents. The ride height seems to be a little less SUV-like than the photos I've seen, though I'll have to take a look on level ground in the daylight. It's probably the case that it isn't any lower than past stock GTIs, though I'm not as offended by the ride height as I thought I'd be. I don't want to get anyone excited, though.

I'm very impressed with it. It's gonna be a tough 1000kms for the break-in. The interior seems to be of a higher quality than I remember from the test drive - just a very tight, attractive package. It feels very solid. This being the first new car I've ever bought, I'm freaked out that I've just spent this much money on something (I'm sharing it with my g/f too). It'll be good when the 'new' wears off and it's just a car, and I'm not deathly afraid of fingerprints and mud.

If anyone wants me to check on something specific, lemme know. I'll do my best to post pics of whatever you wish to see. My thesis is due Monday so likely this stuff will have to wait until next week. Gives me an incentive to get done!

Cheers.

Congrats..

And don't worry since you live in Calgary it'll probably snow today or tomorrow and the car will be all dirty anyway, the 'new' will wear off very quickly after that lol.

jimmythefish

Passed Driver's Ed
No doubt...it was 13 degrees yesterday and it's supposed to be -20 tomorrow. Crazy weather here, as always. Snow's fine...it's the dustbowl mess of leftover gravel and dirt on the roads that do you in.

I can't wait to move back to BC.

Congrats..

And don't worry since you live in Calgary it'll probably snow today or tomorrow and the car will be all dirty anyway, the 'new' will wear off very quickly after that lol.

vantage

Ready to race!
No doubt...it was 13 degrees yesterday and it's supposed to be -20 tomorrow. Crazy weather here, as always. Snow's fine...it's the dustbowl mess of leftover gravel and dirt on the roads that do you in.

I can't wait to move back to BC.

Last night driving home my dash computer read -18.5 :eek: But then out of curiousity I checked what the temp is in some random places in Nunavut and its like -47 there with the windchill, I felt warm after that.