GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Meguiars NXT vs Gold Class

veedub147

Hi All,

I am from South Africa and this is my first post.

I have a 2007 Tornado Red Golf 5 GTI and am a bit confused as to which wash & wax to use - either Meguiars NXT or the Gold Class.

Please advise.

gatorfast

man amongst boys
I use NXT and I cant complain.

CV_Soccer

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV
Dealer applied sealant over the top coat, and several layers of Meguiars NXT but be sure to clay your car first.

Check out Meguiars at http://www.meguiarsonline.com/ :headbang:

veedub147

Thanks guys,

CV_Soccer, the car looks stunning.

Do I have to clay? I have never used it before.
What does the clay do?
Will it damage the paintwork over time?

CV_Soccer

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV
If you have not already done so check out Meguiar's Forums at "http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/index.php" and look into their "Detailing 101" forum. Here you will find out about just about everything you will need to know to keep you ride looking GREAT

To clay will remove contaminates from your top coat which will DULL your finish. I clay my car twice a year and wash it every week using Meguiar’s Deep Crystal Car Wash, and please remember NEVER use dishwashing detergent as it will damage your paint over time.

If I go on I fear that I may start sounding like an advertisement for Meguair’s. Check out their forums and you will find lots of help their just as you will find here on this site.

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle
http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2409

Thank you I do like my shine, and when this picture was taken it had sealant and four coats of NXT. Now getting back to your original question NXT or Gold, both will work fine and will do an excellent job but they are different products and require different level of maintenance.

Good luck, have a banger or two, and after you’re done you can sit back and say “Bob’s your uncle”. :headbang:

CV_Soccer

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV
I almost forgot, while black is nice nothing is better then a shiny RED car but keep it protected or it will turn PINK ! ! ! !

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
Where do you guys buy Meguiar's NXT, besides online? I can't seem to find it at any local stores... :frown:

CV_Soccer

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV
Where do you guys buy Meguiar's NXT, besides online? I can't seem to find it at any local stores... :frown:

While I have seen it at Kragen, K-Mart and Target they do not have everything so online is the only option. If you live if So Cal, and if Irvine is not too far away I would go to one of their FREE Saturday classes

Meguiar's Inc. Corporate Headquarters
17991 Mitchell South, Irvine, CA 92614

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
Thanks for the info :smile:. I tried Kragen, Walmart, Autozone... they only carry Gold Class, Deep Crystal (which I have), Turtle stuff... but never NXT. Maybe I should try target :iono:, not that many K-Marts around here. 'Preciate it.

gatorfast

man amongst boys
All the auto stores around here carry NXT (pep boys, autozone, etc.). Maybe you just had back luck and they were sold out when you went?

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
Doubt it :iono:, didn't see any empty sections on the shelf lol. Just can't find the NXT wash.

Froster

Passed Driver's Ed
Doubt it :iono:, didn't see any empty sections on the shelf lol. Just can't find the NXT wash.

If there is a Big Lots in your area, try them. When I'm in the states, i tend to drop by a Bit Lots store because they always seem to have a ton of Meguiars products for very little money (especially compared to the slightly inflated prices at Canadian retailers). The last time I went, I got just about all the supplies I would need for the season (wash, wax, quick detailer, buffer pads). I don't know about how consistent the supply of higher-end products is, but its worth a try (and you might save a buck).

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
Ok, so I tried K-Mart the other day AND the Autozone right next to it. WTF, nothing :cry:... the only place I can think of is eBay. It's $5.99 with $7 shipping or something :thumbdown: I'm going to go try a BigLOTS sometime. I'll be using my Meguiar's Deep Crystal for now.