GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BSH/DBC/42dd

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
Well figured since I ordered some parts today I'ld write up some quick reviews. All items were ordered today, a bit after 11am.

BSH
Part Ordered: Pendulum Mount

Received tracking number today in the afternoon, looks like Fedex has picked up the part and it's on the way to me. Great turn around time here.

DBC
Part Ordered: Carbonio Intake

This one made me :eyebulge: . Twenty minutes after I ordered the part I get an email with a tracking number saying it was shipped. I'm not sure if they're just that efficient or have nothing else going on and need more business. Just messing, but seriously awesome turn around time there.

42dd
Part Ordered: Street Resonated Downpipe

Original order was a street downpipe w/o resonator. I decided to just spring the extra bit of a cash for the resonator since I want the car to sound stock, so I called back at 4pm. Did not catch the name of the person I talked to, but he understood that people change their minds and just made the quick adjustments to my order without a hitch. Waiting anxiously to get the final "item has shipped" email since this means stg II :happyanim: .

I'll update as more comes up and the parts come in. Thanks to all three vendors for their great service so far :thumbsup: .

Last edited:

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
BSH and DBC are the shiz. Every good part I got for my car has come from DBC.

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
so got the intake installed. no real big problems, just had trouble getting the filter on the piping. had to get a screw driver to pry it on, but finally got it on. went out for a drive and there is a noticeable difference in throttle response. i wasn't able to really open it up as it just rained and the streets are all nice and slick. also... traffic sucks. i did notice a slight difference in engine note, even at idle, but then again i am insanely nit-picky and anal about any noises the car makes. higher up in the rpms the car has a bit deeper growl, and it seems you hear more of the turbo noises.

one thing i do wish, is that the carbonio had an extra support that would attach exactly where the stock intake does to the battery case. it would prevent the intake from moving as it currently does in the section just before the MAF. i don't foresee this causing any actual problems as the movement is very slight, but just for peace of mind would have been nice.

overall, the carbonio gets a thumbs up :thumbsup:! DBC gets a double thumbs up for the insanely quick service :thumbsup::thumbsup: .

Attachments

• P1000253.JPG
    P1000253.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 464
  • P1000255.JPG
    P1000255.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 538
  • P1000263.JPG
    P1000263.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 474
  • P1000264.JPG
    P1000264.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 517
  • P1000265.JPG
    P1000265.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 519
Last edited:

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
so i got a little excited when the mount arrived and opened everything up before taking a picture. everything is packaged quite nicely, especially considering that it's just a chunk of metal lol. the mount install was pretty simple. i did realize that the little insert doesn't work for me since i have an 09 tsi. i thought i read somewhere that the fsi/tsi mounts were the same, but i looked it up again and they are... if you have an 08.5 tsi. no matter, the dogbone is installed and looking good. i'll just order the insert once BSH has an 09 tsi one ready. will update later with impressions on any ride changes.

thanks to BSH for the quick delivery!

Attachments

• P1000266.JPG
    P1000266.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 465
  • P1000269.JPG
    P1000269.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 430
  • P1000271.JPG
    P1000271.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 485

BSH Speedshop

Ready to race!
Thanks for the pics!

We replied to your PM this morning. If you have nothing to do today car wise and want to get a fix see this press release.

BSH Speedshop said:
Hey guys, just letting everyone know that BSH, AFI, and OWLE are doing a beta of our Real Time Racing live video stream of the Redline Time Attack this weekend.

No membership, no login required to watch the BSH and AFI franchise as well as our sponsored teams and friends.

Just go to http://www.owle.tv and you can watch events as they happen. All video footage for this broadcast is shot on Iphone 3GS' that have been enhanced with the OWLE.

Enjoy!

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
Thanks for the pics!

We replied to your PM this morning. If you have nothing to do today car wise and want to get a fix see this press release.

Saw the response, definitely good to know the release is coming that soon. I was actually doing an Autox with the Chicago VW Organization over at the Indiana tirerack so had my car fix for the day haha :thumbup: .

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
Quick update on the motor mount. So far I'm definitely liking the changes even without the insert. Seems like I can launch the car better and not worry about wheel hop as much as before. The shifts also seem crisper even with a DSG. Definitely a worthwhile investment!

BSH Speedshop, I watched the video link, some good stuff there.

BSH Speedshop

Ready to race!
Quick update on the motor mount. So far I'm definitely liking the changes even without the insert. Seems like I can launch the car better and not worry about wheel hop as much as before. The shifts also seem crisper even with a DSG. Definitely a worthwhile investment!

BSH Speedshop, I watched the video link, some good stuff there.

Thanks for the review on the mount!

Keep an eye on that website. We are still beta testing the video stream and will be doing "testing" at major race and car show events. :smile:

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
still waiting for 42DD DP review!

still waiting on the 42dd DP :biggrin: . i figure it should arrive sometime towards the middle-end of next week. i'm not sure if i'll be able to get it on before may 9th if i do get it before then due to finals though. i also went ahead and ordered the neuspeed pendulum mount insert, so that should be here by the end of the week (sorry bsh but the mod bug has hit me with the good weather and i couldn't wait :yikes:). will get that in right away and put up a review of that as well.

dustinwark

Miesian
Car(s)
'07 VW GTI
still waiting on the 42dd DP :biggrin: . i figure it should arrive sometime towards the middle-end of next week. i'm not sure if i'll be able to get it on before may 9th if i do get it before then due to finals though. i also went ahead and ordered the neuspeed pendulum mount insert, so that should be here by the end of the week (sorry bsh but the mod bug has hit me with the good weather and i couldn't wait :yikes:). will get that in right away and put up a review of that as well.

I really want the same DP you are getting, street resonated, did you get it ceramic coated as well?

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
Woot, neuspeed torque insert getting here tomorrow. 42dd downpipe supposed to be here thursday. I should have both installed the day they arrive haha.

BTW, liking the BSH pendulum mount more every day. It makes little changes to the way the engine responds that all come together to make the drive more enjoyable. Can't wait to get the insert in as well.