GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Synth Oil Color

LasVegas

Don't h8 Me Cuz I'm Stock
MY dealer changed the oil in my car and it is already black! Even the oil that was in there before the oil change wasn't black. I think they put regular/dino oil into my car. :cry:

They couldn't be dumb eniough to do this by mistake could they? Should I call VWoA and file a complaint to save my warranty in case of engine failure?

dtvburns

Tweek
Your bill should say grade and type of oil on it. Does it?

LasVegas

Yeah, it says "synthetic oil" and "zvw352540s". But why is it black and dirty looking already? It's only been about 2-3 weeks since the change.

dtvburns

Tweek
I think that is normal, especially if they did the oil change when the engine was cold. Does the oil smell like burnt toast or gas? If it smells like gas I will assume you do lot of city driving and or put you foot in it a bit.

LasVegas

I think that is normal, especially if they did the oil change when the engine was cold. Does the oil smell like burnt toast or gas? If it smells like gas I will assume you do lot of city driving and or put you foot in it a bit.

I drive it the same way I have always driven it - HARD AS HELL. That doesn't explain why the old oil wasn't black and this oil is.

dtvburns

Tweek
Nope. If you ran dino for years and then went to synthetic you might run the risk of springing leaks due to the high detergent quality of the synthetic (it can dissolve the old oil sludge that is helping you old gaskets stay sealed). Synthetic is cleaner and more consistent in it’s viscosity than dino.

LasVegas

UPDATE: Not that anyone cares...

I decided to go ahead and get the tools to do it myself. I put some 0W20 in and I'll leave it in for a couple days to rinse out the dirty oil. You should have seen the freakin' oilf filter. :eyebulge: There's NO WAY they changed the oil filter it was completely black, even the yellow parts. :eek:

I have another filter and some Mobil 1 0W40 that I'm going to put in, in a couple days. Dealers SUCK donkey balls! :brokenheart:

SUPER_PORKEY

MUERTE CIBERNETICA
UPDATE: Not that anyone cares...

I decided to go ahead and get the tools to do it myself. I put some 0W20 in and I'll leave it in for a couple days to rinse out the dirty oil. You should have seen the freakin' oilf filter. :eyebulge: There's NO WAY they changed the oil filter it was completely black, even the yellow parts. :eek:

I have another filter and some Mobil 1 0W40 that I'm going to put in, in a couple days. Dealers SUCK donkey balls! :brokenheart:
what kind of oil filter did you get??
I can get OE mann filters at a good price :wink:

grasshopper

Frankie Says Reflex
Car(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK

SUPER_PORKEY

MUERTE CIBERNETICA
I used a Mann filter. I ended up putting Mobil 1 0-40 in it.

----
VW Extended Warranty Sales Lady says, "You need special tools to change the oil!".
LOL like the sig same thing she said to my girlfriend we looked at each other and cracked the fuck up:laughabove:
oh click on my sig "blacksheep" if you need any OE parts they can get them at a good price and they use AMSOIL :cool: