GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

It's Official 5-Door on Order

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Don't know if anyone else got in touch with their dealer, but my buddy here in AZ called me this PM to make doubly sure he had our car right because...........wait for it.............

HE CAN ORDER THEM!!

Yep officially placed with VWoA. Delivery late June/Early July depending on where our particular choice comes in the build schedule (UnG, Pkg 2, XM).

Anyone else get a great call today??

BTW he was at a regional sales meeting yesterday. basically for long time VWoA employees and the word is the Golf will be at dealers in late May. The Eos is still pending a true launch date.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Congrats!

So what options did you get and what color??

azmcs

United Gray
Pkg 2
XM

Have a fullset of H&R coilovers for it. Rial Nogaro 18x8's with KDWs.

My guy faxed and emailed the order to the regional distibution/sales director this pm.

:headbang: Stoked!!

Wild Hare

Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
azmcs said:
United Gray
Pkg 2
XM

Have a fullset of H&R coilovers for it. Rial Nogaro 18x8's with KDWs.

My guy faxed and emailed the order to the regional distibution/sales director this pm.

:headbang: Stoked!!

Wild Hare

Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Those are nice wheels! Wonder if I could get the spokes painted black?

Wild Hare

Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
So what is the cost comparison vs getting stock 18" wheels with 18" tires from VW?

azmcs

Wild Hare said:
So what is the cost comparison vs getting stock 18" wheels with 18" tires from VW?

Well the wheels are $270 each plus rubber. Check tirerack for a total. The 18's are not available yet for the GTI, but you can get them by talksing to Alex. You need to make sure you get the ET40 offset, they do come 35 as well and those are not gonna fit in an 18 with lowering.

Here's a pic for those who dont know these wheels:

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
I just want to warn you guys in the US of A that if any of you take delivery of a 5 door GTi before me, seeing i've had one in order in Australia since early December last year......well......l might just have to....l don't know....spit the dummy!!!!! So there!!!!!

NYDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Getting closer.......I can FEEL it! Black Magic 5 Door, DSG, Sunroof, Sat, sitting on 17's....

Chris

P.S. Where the Beige Leather Interior option now! LOL!

azmcs

DTMDoc said:
so when will www.vwfeatures.com get updated i wonder?

No Idea. I got the sense that this whole thing is merely days old. IN fact, the "official" VWoA ordering system may not have them listed yet. But I have the word that VWoA has my order, the cars are coming, they will be here this summer as either a late '06 or early '07 MY.

That may have implications in regards to launch control with the DSG, but truly, all I care about is getting the car!

Wild Hare

Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Spit the Dummy?

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Anyone want to make a friendly wager on who takes delivery (in the US) of their 5-door first?