GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI or Civic SI + Yamaha R6?

swami

Go Kart Newbie
Well if you get an SI and a 06 R6, you'll have 2 vehicles that liked to be revved. There's a mega controversy regarding the R6, and Yamaha's claim of a 17,500 redline, but that's another story. The R6 has always been a bike that makes it's power high in the rev range. It's actually down on power compared to other bikes, at say 10,000 rpms. At 14,000 rpms it's fast and makes good power. If you like to drive, or ride at that kind of pace daily, go for it. I'm getting old and I like the torque of the GTI over the SI, just as I like a litre bike over a 600.:cool:

HydroGTI

Drag Race Newbie
get the VW and the R6 remember what jeremy clarkson said, "You buy a honda and you end up with... a honda, you buy a VW and you dont" :)

Dynamismflux

Hatchback Enthusiast
Thats true HydroGTI. I think I would regret not buying the GTI.

Agreed.

The GTi's gonna be a funner car, in my opinion. I actually looked at a Honda Civic Si for a while myself, bro (the 06-09 body style, I assume?). There's only one problem with that in NC (and everywhere else, I'm sure): EVERYONE DRIVES THE CAR! Also, I've been reading a lot of blogs and testimonials, Civics are common place for modding, so you may end up attracting a lot of unwanted attention as well.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/11/15/2008-mugen-edition-honda-civic-si-vandalized-on-dealer-lot/

Not saying this'd happen to you in your area, but you never really know, since now almost every thief EXPECTS a Honda to be modified, or have some goodies if its on the road, now-a-day. Don't miss out on the stats, though. The new Si have the 2.0L DOHC I-VTEC KA20Z3 engine, which not only has a good compression ratio, but a second cam set which engages at like 5,800 RPM (my theory is that the engine was modeled after the Toyota Celica engine, which, is basically a Yamaha Sportbike engine, if I'm correct). I've been out on an interstate-run in one, and its really sings when you need to get infront of and just absolutely leave traffic. With the right mods, you can make it a beast, some FL-baddies are starting to get popular on youtube, mind you. My only beef with the car, is that its too popular, 1, and 2, the engine bay is HORRENDOUSLY cramped. But I'm sure you can manage to fit a turbo or supercharger in there, whichever your preference.

Then lets move onto the GTi. It, like the Honda, is a good car. I've seen only a few around town. They're slick, and they come with turbo's stock (but obviously you know that). Its hatch, which is a plus one in my book, and ontop of that, it just looks pretty damn good. Going with either 2 or 4 door shouldn't matter, cause the drive will still be fucking fun. If you're intent on modding, nothing beats a car that looks fast, but completely blows the opposition away, because its actually even faster. I don't know much about the engine, other than its already turbocharged with 200hp, so it can handle the stress of forced induction and the hard driving, I'd assume.

Either way man, its up to you, but I have to side with Hydro; you'll probably want the GTi in the end, anyway.

DivineStrike

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 Black Magic GTI
HOLY HELL 4 YEAR OLD THREAD REVIVAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's got to be some kind of record lol

I would go with SI + R6 or maybe something else + the R6. But seeing as I have a gti and a 600rr I don't have to make that decision ^_^

Frenchie311

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
If this was four years ago, he has to have made up his mind by now... right? If not, I'm pretty sure he could afford both the GTI and R6 since they're both older now.

argue53

Go Kart Champion
lmaoo how did u find this thread and then post in it??

Manheim81c

Go Kart Champion
This was really a What did he decide to go with? update...:bellyroll:

Buy a Honda, Live forever. lol..

the only honda i like is the 7th Generation V6 Accord

Chris2.0t

GtI 2>0T
Car(s)
2011 Wrx
The new r6 has plenty of power through out the revs great bike, but most of us on here of course are going to say the gti, but in the end its what will make you the happiest.....why not get a used gti and still have money for the r6??

Well if you get an SI and a 06 R6, you'll have 2 vehicles that liked to be revved. There's a mega controversy regarding the R6, and Yamaha's claim of a 17,500 redline, but that's another story. The R6 has always been a bike that makes it's power high in the rev range. It's actually down on power compared to other bikes, at say 10,000 rpms. At 14,000 rpms it's fast and makes good power. If you like to drive, or ride at that kind of pace daily, go for it. I'm getting old and I like the torque of the GTI over the SI, just as I like a litre bike over a 600.:cool:

DivineStrike

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 Black Magic GTI
we're still getting serious posts?

I believe it's safe to say he won't be receiving any of these responses ;)