GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ivan @ www.AbsoluteHID.ca

jkaruzas

Autocross Champion
STEER CLEAR OF IVAN AND HIS WEBSITE WWW.ABSOLUTEHIDS.CA

Long story short, I ordered a pair of custom HID bulbs from this company based upon the recommendation of a GolfMKV.com member - Hound. After paying for and subsequently receiving the bulbs, installing them, and then running them for about 2-3 week, one bulb started flickering and then went out. i pulled the bulb to discover that much of the base of the bulb had been melted obviously pointing to a faulty bulb. i installed the stock bulbs back in (in the same way i had installed the aftermarket bulbs) to make sure it wasn't some other issue - they worked fine, and have worked fine for the 11 months since. (my first contact after the bulb failed was 04/20/2009).

After contacting the seller and requesting a replacement set, i was asked to send the bulbs back so they could verify that they werre faulty. i sent them back on my dime, and started the waiting process, e-mailing asking the seller about the status of my replacements about once every 2-3 weeks. after receiving multiple bakhanded accusations that i had installed them wrong, all communication stopped.

I have e-mailed numerous times with no response and searched tirelessly (to no avail) for a phone number to call. I assumed that maybe the business just went under, which wouldn't have surprised me considering their atrocious customer service. after a few months of just writing off the bulbs as a lost cause and moving on, i decided to send a dummy inquiry asking if it was difficult to install HID bulbs through the website's "contact us" page. to my surprise, i received a response that afternoon (ironically telling me that changing the HID bulbs was as simple as changing a light bulb in my home...).

So it seems this guy just made up his mind that i screwed up the bulbs by not installing them properly (which simply wasn't the case). regardless of his decision, he didn't even have the common courtesy to shoot me an e-mail telling me what he decided to do (or not to do) and why.

i want my bulbs, my money back, or at least and explanation of why i haven't received either one of those yet. though i'm not holding my breath.

:thumbdown::paddle::mad::fighting0030::mad0259:

***Just as a disclaimer - this shouldn't negatively impact the member on here that referred me to absoluteHID.ca (screenname: Hound). For all i know he is just friends with the guy who operates the website and is not affiliated therewith, and as such, this poor customer service shouldn't reflect poorly on him.***

Last edited:

Hound

Ready to race!
I just wanted to chime in here, he is a friend of mine and haven't had any issues when dealing with him. Not sure what happened here... I wouldn't refer people to a company that I didn't feel was reputable so I'm sorry that you had a negative experience. Only thing I can suggest is to try again contacting him, he can get very busy sometimes and sometimes I have to be patient when waiting for a response so that isn't unusual. I appreciate you not bashing me though :thumbsup:. Hope it works out....

jkaruzas

Autocross Champion
The last correspondence i received from him was on 10/26/2009 - i've certainly been patient. i've sent e-mails on 10/26/2009, 11/10/2009, 12/04/2009, and 12/11/2009 - at that point, i gave up.

If he's your buddy, would you mind giving him a little nudge?

KkSc

TS Auto Design
Car(s)
Audi B7 2.0T/ VW MkV
wow..i had the same experience with a different company a while back, sucks to hear that, and i doubt the seller is going reply you again!

jkaruzas

Autocross Champion
he was actually informed about this post, and has contacted me saying he'll make good and send out a replacement pair. We'll see how things turn out. i'll post the results...

jkaruzas

Autocross Champion
Well, I've received the replacements bulbs, and can't wait to put them in! The explanation that i was given is that this company does not typically sell to the US, and usually doesn't do custom orders. So this transaction was a bit outside of the box for what they usually do. The confusion came about because i had assumed sending custom bulbs to customers in the states was business as usual, which it turns out it was not.

But to sum things up, I have received the replacement bulbs and was provided with a good explanation about what happened to cause the delay.