GOLFMKV

The NASCAR Discussion Thread

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!

Lucidity

Marx

Voices Off Camera

Ready to race!
I enjoy it when Jimmie Johnson wins because it pisses off most nascar fans. It is kinda funny that a guy that grew up riding motocross and eventually raced off-road trucks is dominating. I'm sure Chad Knaus has a lot to do with it too... of course.

Oh... and the sooner that Danica Patrick goes to nascar the better. Her mediocre dog and pony show is getting old in Indycar and more talented women (mainly Simona de Silvestro) are coming into the series.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
I won't bash I just want to know what you get out of watching a race that lasts 5+ hours?

I am pretty die-hard and I hardly ever watch every race straight through. Either I just watch the start and the end, or have it on in the backround while I do something else.

It's like people who can sit down and watch a 9-inning baseball game on TV, they are out there.

I enjoy it when Jimmie Johnson wins because it pisses off most nascar fans. It is kinda funny that a guy that grew up riding motocross and eventually raced off-road trucks is dominating. I'm sure Chad Knaus has a lot to do with it too... of course.

Oh... and the sooner that Danica Patrick goes to nascar the better. Her mediocre dog and pony show is getting old in Indycar and more talented women (mainly Simona de Silvestro) are coming into the series.

I'm starting to like it less and less when JJ wins all the time... I know what it was like to watch a NASCAR race from 1995 to 1999 now... Jeff Gordon won over 1/3 of the races.

Danica to NASCAR is good for NASCAR weather she ever does well or not.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
I would love to see the start of the Coke 600 pushed back in the future, I would like to see drives attempt both the Indy 500 and the Coke 600 in the same day again. Tony Stewart finishing in the top 10 in both races in 99 is an amazing sports feat.

GTIMKVFAST08

schmoser boser....
Car(s)
08 BMP GTI
the season opener is almost here! did anyone go to the testing sessions?

lawn mower

Banned
Not a NASCAR fan, but I live in race city USA lol. lots of nascar teams have shops here, and lots of drivers live around here.

GTIMKVFAST08

schmoser boser....
Car(s)
08 BMP GTI
ya thats pretty cool,all the nascar teams are based in moorseville except for furniture row racing which is in denver....

lawn mower

Banned
haha yea mooresville, see plenty of race car drivers/ team members when out and about, personally, i'm not interested, but a lot of my friends are into it. i mean its pretty cool and all, but the only races that interest me are the road races lol.