GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil Change In Fort Laud.

dubbunit

Nice to CC you
Car(s)
2009 Island Gray CC
whats the best and most trustworthy place to go for an oil change, besides the dealership. and that will actually have our oil filter. somewhere in the fort lauderdale area. if anyone knows let me know, thanks.

Aguilar

Senior Newbie
whats the best and most trustworthy place to go for an oil change

Your driveway.

Seriously, look into doing it yourself since you're not doing at the dealer. There are plenty of DIY, it's not hard, and you save yourself a couple of bucks.

I took mine to the dealership and they used a screwdriver to bleed the filter housing. Wow, I could have done that shit. On top of that I had to pay them $70.

jerm5

69=dinner for 2
hes right, its probably best to do it yourself, if not find a place like a mineke and just bring the oil and filter. atleast you know the parts going back into it are proper

dangcivic

hes right, its probably best to do it yourself, if not find a place like a mineke and just bring the oil and filter. atleast you know the parts going back into it are proper

Take it to the dealership, no matter what kind of car you own the dealership is the best place to do it. I rather pay someone 25 bucks at a dealer to do it then someone at meneke to do it cuz at least the guy at the dealer knows exactly what going in and on your car cuz he does it every day. You save your self a few dollars but think about it this way....
Jack your car up, get a bucket, drain it, fill it...clean it , recycle the oil ...blahalababa ....around 30 mins? plus driving to get the oil to the proper disposal...I rather pay someone cuz is your time worth saving ? eh ..7 bucks after all that? Now..if your using full syn. oil ..i'd understand ..but just buy it yourself and let them use it at the oil change, they'll deduct it from your bill for the oil but still charge you for the filter and labor. Seriously, if you can't trust the dealer ..then you really shouldn't trust the small shops ..at least if anything happens to your car, i think the dealer has more money to back it up then the smaller shops.