GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dealers can be nice...

Goneincognito

Go Kart Champion
Last week I noticed that the bolts on the drivers door hinge were only finger tight :thumbup: . I rang the dealer and booked it in so they could check the rest of the car. There was also the problem with the rattle in the rear (not the seats.. already checked) and the sunglass holder that keeps opening on it's own.

Took it in today and all checked out ok. Everything was tight and the rattle in the rear was the taillight so a new one had been ordered and the sunglass holder adjusted. There was also a problem where the LED on the drivers door sometimes will go solid and not turn off after you unlock the car but they couldn't find any problems.

The best bit was that after I dropped it in, I went to see the sales manager, told him what I was doing and asked if he had a demo of some kind that I could take for the 5hrs that I would be without my car. He came back a couple of minutes later with the key to a passat and told me to have fun and bring it back when I pick my car up. I thought it would be a long shot when I asked as they normally just have a drop off and pick up service but it paid off.

prodigue

Avantgarde
Hi. I'm also having an irritating rattling problem at the left rear of my GTI. It is eminent in uneven roads, which part of the tailight caused the problem?

Good to see a dealer giving good service here. I'm in sales (not in cars) but I always appreciate good salesmanship when buying anything. I reckon its valid if you do receive great service that you recognise them. It may help other buyers, it may reward the person who offered great service, hence making it more attractive for all to do so.

We all want a great price when we buy, but obviously price is only 1 component of the overall value equation (although I obviously accept its pretty major). If you value something a dealer has done for you (over and above the normal I mean) you should mention them or at least do a "anyone in the 'insertcitynamehere' area wanting the same can PM me" etc

I got a pretty good price on my order but have not been very happy with follow up since.

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
Nice to know your dealer delivery money was paid for the hard work your dealer did during the PDI. :drinking:

ACT_GTI07

Go Kart Champion
In Canberra the dealers cars you get whilst yours is in for service are the Golf 1.6s

1.6l engines way suck after a GTI. Especially with aircon and trying to move at all off a standing start. You need to turn aircon on only at crusing speeds.

Wouldn't mind a R32 to drive whilst the GTI is being fixed. :iono: