GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shopping in GTA

Andor

Hello,

I'll be purchasing a GTI in the near future and was wondering if anyone in the Greater Toronto Area had any comments on dealerships/salespeople. Any honest ones out there? Any I shouldn't be wasting my time with?

Thanks.

axsy69

Do you want a ride?
hey...i purchased my 2007 GTI at the VW Queensway Dealership. Overall the service was great can't complain....and the sales guy was very good. He even threw in a couple of accessories for the car for free :thumbsup:.

I think if you are dealing with a VW Dealership directly, I don’t feel they cheat or lie to their potential customers or customers about stuff. I believe as a company like VW they have to maintain a certain level of integrity and credibility for customers to keep coming back or attracting new VW drivers. I’ve dealt with this particular dealership for years now and I keep coming back.

I purchased my 2003 golf at this dealership and then traded it in for a GTI.

p.s. by the way, The GTI…what a ride, it’s awesome! :headbang: t

hope this help.

luckysvwgti

Ready to race!
Hello,

I'll be purchasing a GTI in the near future and was wondering if anyone in the Greater Toronto Area had any comments on dealerships/salespeople. Any honest ones out there? Any I shouldn't be wasting my time with?

Thanks.

Hi! Read my thread under Potential GTI Buyers in Toronto. Charoula of Don Valley VW is quite honest.

Vento 3

Oettinger GLi
hey...i purchased my 2007 GTI at the VW Queensway Dealership. Overall the service was great can't complain....and the sales guy was very good. He even threw in a couple of accessories for the car for free :thumbsup:.

hope this help.

what kind of accessories you talking about? I am assuming Monster mat, and ...... ???

axsy69

Do you want a ride?
yes - monsters mats and a GTI silver plate in the back and VW silver plate in the front instead of those plastic ones that advertise the dealership.

what kind of accessories you talking about? I am assuming Monster mat, and ...... ???

Vento 3

Oettinger GLi
wow, thats the fastest respond i ever get in this canadian forum :thumbsup:

I guess I am going to offer that to my dealer.

I am still thinking of a GLi or GTi :redface:

I kind of like the GTi more, but i need the trunk space more.....decision, decision......

bigdyno

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Thanks for the replies guys...

Will be visiting queensway next week... hopefully there won't be a need to visit any other dealers.

Do your self a favour and visit a couple at least, you may hate your self if you don't. Go in and ask to test drive and see what they say, their response will tell you if they will be a pita when it comes to negotiating.

Andor

Do your self a favour and visit a couple at least, you may hate your self if you don't. Go in and ask to test drive and see what they say, their response will tell you if they will be a pita when it comes to negotiating.

Good idea,

I will plan to visit more than one dealer and ask to test drive. Will be interesting to see their responses.

Thanks,
Andor

LegatoZ

Hi

I visited VW Queensway a couple times to talk voice my interest in a 2007 GTI. Their honest. But won't budge on any discounts which kinda sux but i think all dealers in GTA won't discount the price. I'm interested in leasing and the dealer won't even knock one cent off the monthly. Nice to know at least Monstar Mats can be thrown in for free.

Vento 3, I'm in your situation too where I like the GTI but i could really use the extra truck space in the GLI. Concerns i have with the GLI is that it's more expensive and that it's made in Mexico.

I haven't gone to any other dealerships. Maybe i should. I'm interested to know how the one close to Yorkdale is??

Boonedock82

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 MKV
GLI wasn't on the roster yet when I orderd my GTI, but in retrospect the GTI being made in wolfsburg and the GLI in mexico = no brainer. Couldn't be happier with my GTI (well I would be happier if I could have had it one of the blue colors)

luckysvwgti

Ready to race!
Hi

I visited VW Queensway a couple times to talk voice my interest in a 2007 GTI. Their honest. But won't budge on any discounts which kinda sux but i think all dealers in GTA won't discount the price. I'm interested in leasing and the dealer won't even knock one cent off the monthly. Nice to know at least Monstar Mats can be thrown in for free.

Vento 3, I'm in your situation too where I like the GTI but i could really use the extra truck space in the GLI. Concerns i have with the GLI is that it's more expensive and that it's made in Mexico.

I haven't gone to any other dealerships. Maybe i should. I'm interested to know how the one close to Yorkdale is??

Try to talk to different dealers but make sure you talk to Charoula of Don Valley VW. I'm positive she will give you a discount!:thumbsup:

bigdyno

FIA World Rally Car Newbie

You might want to take a tape measure the next time you go to a dealer, the GTI has quite a bit of space in the hatch. I don't think there is a large difference in the size between the two cars.

gyuri

Ready to race!
Definitely visit a few dealers and shop around. When I was buying my GTI I visited many of the GTA dealers and went as far as Newmarket. Pfaff in Newmarket gave me $ 1000 off without much bargaining. I used this price to negotiate with other dealers in the GTA and ended up buying from Agincourt VW where they matched the price. ( they are 5 mins away from my house)
As someone already mentioned above Queensway is not willing to give any discount so I would stay away form them for that reason alone.

Also FYI if you graduated from a college or a university in the last 24 months you are eligible for a $ 500 recent graduate rebate. ( I also got this on the top of my $1000 discount)