GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

finally APR Tuned

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
like the title suggest i got the APR tune done 2 day and love it would highly recommend it to anyone with a 2.0TFSI......all i can say is the car goes like crazy it even goes harder then b4 when i had the 6 hour trial so yeh i am off 2 drive it hahahha :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

damo

Oval Newbie
like the title suggest i got the APR tune done 2 day and love it would highly recommend it to anyone with a 2.0TFSI......all i can say is the car goes like crazy it even goes harder then b4 when i had the 6 hour trial so yeh i am off 2 drive it hahahha :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
What did they charge you ? do a run in third from 3000revs to redline and let us know how long it took pls. 4 comparo

Hong Chau

Banned

congrats on the chip.
its addictive isn't it.:biggrin:

definitely the best mod to get.

Tiny Gti

Banned
Car(s)
05 GTI MKV DSG 5DR

Congrats dude!:clap:

Enjoy but dont lose your license!:burnrubber:

BTW you will have to start saving for exhaust now! You will notice a few flat spots, these will go when you add exhaust!:thumbup:

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
What did they charge you ? do a run in third from 3000revs to redline and let us know how long it took pls. 4 comparo

hey there yeh i did a lil run afetr going for a drive to homebush bay to watch tennis and went from 3000rpm in 3rd just for you lol and i got about 4.5-5.5 seconds somewhere in there its hell fast in midrange :biggrin:

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
I found I got better fuel consumption, as its got more torque and is more responsive and driveable!:thumbsup:

same here and i only had it for about 3 hours now and been driving like mad and my average consumption is about 9-10 L/100km so it great but if i did that when i was stock man i would have about 15L/100km so yeh i love it

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
BTW ppl i will post something cool 2morrow when i have time coz i dont think it has been posted b4 so yeh :biggrin:

spelchek

oiler
Car(s)
A5 Golf
As I understand it, the APR chip tune is undetectable with vagcom therefor warranty voidance is not an issue.. is this correct?

I'm considering having the apr tune done to my tdi. Its not listed on their website, but the do tune TDI's as well. SImilar performance increase (both in power and torque) to what the gti's are getting. The increased MPG is also widely documented in the TDI forums from these sorts of chip tuning.

Oh well.. 2nd baby due in march so I'tl be a few months yet before the $$ accrue to allow this little luxury :)

shauno

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW Golf MkV GTI
I'm considering having the apr tune done to my tdi. Its not listed on their website, but the do tune TDI's as well. SImilar performance increase (both in power and torque) to what the gti's are getting. The increased MPG is also widely documented in the TDI forums from these sorts of chip tuning.

I think the TDI flash is still Oettinger (also distributed by Harding Performance & mostly the same dealers) - not aware of APR having their own TDI flash - Guy will know though :)

ACT_GTI07

Go Kart Champion
Awesome, there seems to be some info on other forums about it as well. Although not as compelte a list of codes. Now if only there was a way to get "true speed" from down there onto the multi function display. Now that would be awesome. Apparently pressing the other directional aircon buttons bring up other diag menus as well.