GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Mods in Europe

GTI2007

What did the people here in Europe changed already on their GTI's or Golf's?? And with changed I mean other wheels or other springs and cetera. Or also what your future plans are if you still haven't changed anything to your GTI of Golf.

GTI2007

I don't have my GTI yet but I'm planning to change the original 17" wheels for 19" wheels, to lower it, to mount on the Abt front lip, the Rieger side skirts and the Rieger rear valance in combination with the Milltek quad 90 mm exhaust, paint the red line in the grill black, get rid of the GTI-sign in the grill and the hatch, put Mattig headlightcovers and Kamei taillightcovers while also replacing the stock taillights for the smoked taillights of the R32 and propably get rid of the antenna on the roof for a more hidden kind of antenna and change the original xenon lightbulbs and fogbulbs to 6000K so that their colours match up to each other and still many more things I can't come up now.

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
gti2k7... buddy, i recommend going here: www.golf5gti.info

ive found alot of discussions in deutsch there, highly recommend it, just goto www.altavista.com and use their website translator to english from deutsch if you can't speak deutsch. ;)

GTI2007

I already knew that forum. I've been looking and also using a online translator to read there for more then 8 months already. I can understand a little german but not much. That's why I have a online translator in my favorites of Internet Explorer. I'm also a member there with the same nickname as here but not yet posted anything. More to look at pics and read stuff. I found that forum before I found this one. Earlier they had a pretty big gallery of pics of the members their GTI. I also posted a lot of the pics I found there on this forum.

GTI2007

The only GTI that had a red line around the grill was the MK1 and now it's back on the MK5. All the other generations didn't had it. IMHO the front looks cleaner en meaner with the red line painted black. My grill is most likely gonna look like on the attached pic.

Attachments

• Szenetreffen_05_269.jpg
    Szenetreffen_05_269.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 691

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
GTI2007 said:
The only GTI that had a red line around the grill was the MK1 and now it's back on the MK5. All the other generations didn't had it. IMHO the front looks cleaner en meaner with the red line painted black. My grill is most likely gonna look like on the attached pic.

i concur, and i am going to be doing it to my UG when i get it. question tho for you gti2k7, where do you get the badgeless grills, and how do you fix the cutout in the hood where the logo usto sit into?.. ive been pondering that.

:thumbup:

GTI2007

There are at this moment, to my knowledge, no aftermarket badgeless grills for the GTI. The owner of the GTI in the pic has done the removing of the badge himself and used a second grill to insert a piece of it into the gap where originally sat the VW-badge. For to fill up the cutout in the hood you need to take a trip to a decent bodyshop.