GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Made my move today!

moomoonel

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Just placed order a 07 build CW GTi 3dr today.

Specs:

DSG
sunroof
leather + protection
xenon
parking sensors
Window tinted
Car mats

$4k off written quote. :wub:

ETA May 07 :clap:

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
hey congrats on the orders........just 2 let you know its gona get heaps worse when it gets closer 2 delivery........but in the end its allllllllll worth it

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Congrats... :thumbsup:

Hope your sunroof is easier to live with than mine... I think the MkV sunroof is crap, especially compared to the MkIV GTI sunroof. Others think it's fine. I dunno.

YMMV

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
Congrats guys. Check out my garage for pics if you forget what it looks like. revdes, had we been prepared to wait we'd have ordered exact spec as you. As it was, we gave in on the xenons to get a car sooner, rather than later.

Get the colour coding done too. :smoking:

:thumbsup:

moomoonel

Congrats... :thumbsup:

Hope your sunroof is easier to live with than mine... I think the MkV sunroof is crap, especially compared to the MkIV GTI sunroof. Others think it's fine. I dunno.

YMMV

what's wrong with your sunroof?

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
hey minigolf what rimz are those on the mini they look vry nice and love the colour coding on the GTI look sooo nice......you rkn colour coding the BMP would look nice i am thinking about it after i get the chip

revdes

Congrats guys. Check out my garage for pics if you forget what it looks like. revdes, had we been prepared to wait we'd have ordered exact spec as you. As it was, we gave in on the xenons to get a car sooner, rather than later.

Get the colour coding done too. :smoking:

:thumbsup:

I'm thinking about it, looks great on your car.

I wasn't really prepared to take the car straight away (going on holidays etc) so I thought I may aswell wait and get what I want. Though it will be hard to say no if the dealer rings with a similarly specced GTI.

Goneincognito

Go Kart Champion
I'm thinking about it, looks great on your car.

I wasn't really prepared to take the car straight away (going on holidays etc) so I thought I may aswell wait and get what I want. Though it will be hard to say no if the dealer rings with a similarly specced GTI.

It is hard but the wait is worth it. I could have the exact one I wanted that was a demo at a dealer interstate but I chose to wait 4 months and have one built as it would be an 07 spec and I didnt need a second car right away either. I'm glad I waited.

moomoonel

just wanna make sure...

does Oz spec 3dr GTi come with "Launch Control"?

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
what's wrong with your sunroof?

With the windows up, I find the MkV roof thumps at almost any speed (and some speeds worse than others). I rarely have it retracted. I thought the wind deflector (which broke up airflow across the opening) on the MkIV was better than the flat one one the MkV. That's why I think it thumps, but I think it's worse than the MkIV, which was far quieter.

Minigolf also had a MkIV GTI and he thinks the MkV roof is better than the MkIV one.. :iono:

I don't know if it's just me or if perhaps not all Golf sunroofs are created equal...

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
have you talked 2 the dealer Kirium to c what is wrong with it

revdes

It is hard but the wait is worth it. I could have the exact one I wanted that was a demo at a dealer interstate but I chose to wait 4 months and have one built as it would be an 07 spec and I didnt need a second car right away either. I'm glad I waited.
And there's something pretty cool about having a car built just for me :biggrin:

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
have you talked 2 the dealer Kirium to c what is wrong with it

There's nothing mechanically wrong with it and a demo I drove did the same thing. I think it's purely the new design, but I'll bring it up at my 15000km service in a week or 2.