GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: H&R Sport Springs & Koni yellow adjustables (front and rear)

hpaddict

all stock again :-(
Car(s)
2007 GTI DSG
H&R sport springs and shocks were professionally installed August 09. Professionally removed today. Less than 5k miles on them.

H&R Sport springs: $100
Koni Sport yellows: $350 <-- SOLD

Last edited:

hpaddict

Car(s)
2007 GTI DSG
Here's a comparison of stock vs the H&R springs with Koni's.

The h&r with koni's is noticeably smoother than stock, yet much firmer when the g's rise. I believe that is because the h&r springs are progressively firmer as they compress. It was very obvious to me today when i went back to stock, that the stock setup is not as good as the h&r and koni.

i'm took these parts off because i bought a bmw 135 and the gti will be gone when the snow goes. you can see my thread about this decision to part-out in the general forum.

pics of stock vs. h&r/koni with 17" Enkei RPF1:

h&r & konis:

4x4, i mean, stock:

Last edited:

hpaddict

Car(s)
2007 GTI DSG
those are 17" rims with Dunlop Direzzas 225s. The oem 17s didn't look as 4x4, but the direzzas w/ enkeis, really needed the drop. The photo was taken the day the springs were installed.

here're pics of the car, a few weeks after the springs were installed:

Last edited:

hpaddict

Car(s)
2007 GTI DSG
tomorrow i'll measure the two giant boxes these things ship in and weigh them. I might be able to fit them all in the same box, the springs are pretty loosely packed, and see what the shipping would be.

if i ship, i will post the item on ebay and ship only to ebay/paypal verified addresses. i'd rather not though, paypal grabs a huge fee off the top.

hpaddict

Car(s)
2007 GTI DSG
added pics.

shipping to paypal verified addresses only.
shipping with signature confirmation required.
insurance required.

3 packages:
rear konis: 26x14x8h @ 25lbs
front konis: 21x 5x3h @ 8lbs
springs: 27x17x8h @ 35lbs

UPS to NC $80 (incl shipping, insurnace, signature required)
UPS to Toronto $95 (incl shipping, insurnace, signature required)

If my stock Sachs struts were close to being done, this would be extremely tempting, just the Yellows though. GLWS man, it's a hell of a deal.

-Maciej