GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

polishing and waxing

Hong Chau

Banned
just a question.

I've had my car treated with V.I.P crystal glaze paint protection. they say that you never need wax or polish the car. reason for my question is that the paint doesn't seem to feel "smooth" or "slippery" after a wash.

i heard that if you do wax a car with crystal glaze you risk damaging the paint protection.

just wondering if this is true and has anyone had this dilemma before?

any help would be much appreciated.
thanks

Jamie GTI

First VW and loving it
Car(s)
07 VW GTI
just a question.

I've had my car treated with V.I.P crystal glaze paint protection. they say that you never need wax or polish the car. reason for my question is that the paint doesn't seem to feel "smooth" or "slippery" after a wash.

i heard that if you do wax a car with crystal glaze you risk damaging the paint protection.

just wondering if this is true and has anyone had this dilemma before?

any help would be much appreciated.
thanks

I think we answered this one for you in another forum?

You can wax over paint protection with a good quality Carnauba wax or use a non cleaner type sealant glaze like Poorboys EX-P. Just don't use a polish or anything with any cleaning or abrasive properties.

Hong Chau

Banned
I think we answered this one for you in another forum?

You can wax over paint protection with a good quality Carnauba wax or use a non cleaner type sealant glaze like Poorboys EX-P. Just don't use a polish or anything with any cleaning or abrasive properties.

cool. thanks.
where can you get these types of products from??

Jayhawker

Ready to race!
I hate to say this but the protectant you have on your finish is a joke. I used to work at a dealer and we would sell the paint protection as an option and in a nut shell, a policy is placed on your paint in the event they can't fix it, it will be resprayed.

With some elbow grease go and wash your car, use a cleaner wax, then clay bar it, and then put a coat or two of wax and you will think you have a new paint job. If you maintain your paint, it "should" last for a long time.

Jamie GTI

First VW and loving it
Car(s)
07 VW GTI
I hate to say this but the protectant you have on your finish is a joke. I used to work at a dealer and we would sell the paint protection as an option and in a nut shell, a policy is placed on your paint in the event they can't fix it, it will be resprayed.

With some elbow grease go and wash your car, use a cleaner wax, then clay bar it, and then put a coat or two of wax and you will think you have a new paint job. If you maintain your paint, it "should" last for a long time.

Totally agree.

Hong Chau,

You can buy Carnauba waxes at any auto store. Just make sure it states that it has no cleaning properties.

You can also buy good quality stuff at Waxit.com.au or Damian's site www.finalinspection.com.au

Hong Chau

Banned
Totally agree.

Hong Chau,

You can buy Carnauba waxes at any auto store. Just make sure it states that it has no cleaning properties.

You can also buy good quality stuff at Waxit.com.au or Damian's site www.finalinspection.com.au

thanks for the heads up guys.
i don't feel so bad cos i actually didn't pay for it.
i had window tint as part of the package but took that away along with the $550 they wanted for it, and they put paint protection on but didn't charge me for it. the finance dude didn't pick it up so i was like, OK then.

but now that i know, i'll never be getting it again.

TopGearNJ

Ready to race!
Dont use cleaner waxes...the contain abrasives that will ruin your clear coat.... Use something like Meguirs NXT Tech Wax, and then cover it with some p21 Caruba wax for that extra shine. Or you can buy some Klasse Accrylic Glaze, and then just use the Caruba Wax. And dont clay bar too often or you will start to strip the paint.

Hong Chau

Banned
thanks for all the info guys.
will post pics once its done!!