GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My first post!

Nobber

VAG Junkie
Car(s)
Leon R & Golf GTi
Just a quick note to say hi from a newbie! Been browsing the forums for a little while now so thought i'd say hi and show the car.

So here he is, this is our Golf! It's my girlfriend Tracey's daily driver as I have a Leon Cupra R for my company car.

Mods so far:

KW Variant 3 Coilovers
Miltek Cat Back
Custom Re-Map
Subtle colour coding

Pics:

Cheers

Nobber

Chungster

Are those plates allowed?

Great choice of colour tho. ;)

Are those wheels 17's? Actually, they don't have the same finish as mine! Strange.

Nobber

VAG Junkie
Car(s)
Leon R & Golf GTi
Plates are not road legal I don't think no, but can be bought from dubmeister for a few quid.

Wheels are 17's for now but will be being changed for some 19's in the spring when the roads arent so horrible.

Nobber

VAG Junkie
Car(s)
Leon R & Golf GTi
Cheers for the comments guys! The cars going really well and gets better all the time. I don't get to drive it much though to be honest!! Roll on show season that's what I say!!

Still looking in to the 19's at the moment but it's finding the right ones that's the issue. I think i've come to the conclusion that I DO want RS6's, so it's a case of shopping around right now.

Cheers

Nobber

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
nice! ive been looking into 19"s myself.. let me know how it goes man

19" with a 235/35 profile won't fit the front arches of the regular Golf benny, just so you know. If you're after 19" then try to get with a 225/35 or (do they even make this?) 220/35 profile.

Nobber, nice Golf and nice numberplate! There's a fellow on the uk-mkivs forum who runs with a D plate. Doesn't get too much trouble.

Nobber

VAG Junkie
Car(s)
Leon R & Golf GTi
Nobber, nice Golf and nice numberplate! There's a fellow on the uk-mkivs forum who runs with a D plate. Doesn't get too much trouble.

Thanks man i'm loving it. Can't wait for show season to start although I think the Leon will give me some evil looks as I take the golf to shows!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Does that mean that a 235/35/19 tyre will fit in the arch of the GTi then? If so what's the difference??

Chungster

I know someone who has those on a LCR. Looks very fat indeed (in a nice way)

Not seen any on a Mk5 GTI mind you but look forward to seeing how yours will look.

I'm sticking with me standard wheels as I think they're pukka!

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Thanks man i'm loving it. Can't wait for show season to start although I think the Leon will give me some evil looks as I take the golf to shows!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Does that mean that a 235/35/19 tyre will fit in the arch of the GTi then? If so what's the difference??

Hi Nobber, from my experience the 235/35/19s will fit fine in the arch though you may get some rubbing issues when turning at high speed/going over speed bumps with a heavy load. This is due to a bolt that sticks out slightly under the wheel arch; it holds the front of the arch to the rear. If you find trouble, you can either have it rolled back, or do what I did and put in a pair of those caravan-spring-spacers in the front springs - that resolves the issue nicely without affecting ride.

Nobber

VAG Junkie
Car(s)
Leon R & Golf GTi
I know someone who has those on a LCR. Looks very fat indeed (in a nice way)

Not seen any on a Mk5 GTI mind you but look forward to seeing how yours will look.

I'm sticking with me standard wheels as I think they're pukka!

I did originally buy a set from Ebay but when I went to put them on, the bloke had duped me and they were 5x100PCD so wouldn't fit the Golf. I turned round and saw my Leon parked outside the barn and thought hmmmmmmmm, should I put them on there instead!!!

In the end I sold them on to a guy from seatcupra.net

Hi Nobber, from my experience the 235/35/19s will fit fine in the arch though you may get some rubbing issues when turning at high speed/going over speed bumps with a heavy load. This is due to a bolt that sticks out slightly under the wheel arch; it holds the front of the arch to the rear. If you find trouble, you can either have it rolled back, or do what I did and put in a pair of those caravan-spring-spacers in the front springs - that resolves the issue nicely without affecting ride.

I have a friend of mine who has 19's on his TT and he said about this little bolt. I have seen the one you mean, so i'll have a chat to him about what he did. I think he removed it somehow but still it kept the arch liner in place.