GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My newest Set :)

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
These are the 21 pictures that made it to editing out of the 441 pictures I took. This place was massive! 5 buildings, Access to 3, and lots of cover from the two busy highways that make up the intersection this thing sits next to. One building is a 3 story set of classrooms. And one is a full Auditorium with stage/curtains/row seating :). This would be a perfect place to bring a model to for on location shooting.

The Hi-Res versions can be found on my Flickr which is linked in my Signature

Lucidity

Marx
Very cool, but creepy at the same time... Silent Hill shit right there.

Grmncrsnbr

SaurKimchi
Car(s)
2012 Kia Optima
Wow dude, well done. The colors really pop nicely in this set.

Another way to link to your flickr account, on the flicker page before you click All Sizes to grab the image link you can click Share This and grab the link to the flickr page for the picture.

Then structure your posts like this:

[U R L = Flickr share this link][I M G]Picture link from All Sizes[/I M G][/U R L]

The Share this link has to have quotes around it.

This will make all the pictures clickable and will take people right to the flickr page for the picture they clicked on.

Again nice work, awesome subject too I wish I could find something like that around where I live. I am hoping to grab some new shots this weekend while I am back around Richmond, VA.

-jakrbt-

.:R32 OG
Great shots, Stranded! Really nice! I'm hoping I can get some nice shots this weekend. Got a wedding reception Saturday afternoon at an old cotton mill. I've already scoped the place out and it's gorgeous! Should make for some nice shots.

I need advice for settings, though. What do you use in daytime shots? External flash, or on-board? Also, what are you editing with?

Here's a link to where I'll be shooting.

http://www.mckinneycottonmill.com/index.html

Grmncrsnbr

SaurKimchi
Car(s)
2012 Kia Optima
You shouldn't need a flash with daytime shots dude. The sun is your flash.

As far as flashes though the on camera ones are garbage and tend to cause wash out. I recommend getting an external for indoor shots and dont forget the diffuser.

Really though just play with it. You can turn the ISO up a little bit with good lighting and depending on what you want to have as far depth of field change your aperture. You just need to play around and take lots of pictures it's the best way to figure this stuff out.

-jakrbt-

.:R32 OG
You shouldn't need a flash with daytime shots dude. The sun is your flash.

As far as flashes though the on camera ones are garbage and tend to cause wash out. I recommend getting an external for indoor shots and dont forget the diffuser.

Really though just play with it. You can turn the ISO up a little bit with good lighting and depending on what you want to have as far depth of field change your aperture. You just need to play around and take lots of pictures it's the best way to figure this stuff out.

I've been looking at the SB600, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Other things I'm looking at right now (wheels, Virus TI synth). I may have to go outside tonight after I get back from class and just shoot a bunch of stuff. It's been a few weeks since I snapped a pic. But I'll have about 6 hours to shoot at the Cotton Mill, I should be able to get something good.

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
Wow dude, well done. The colors really pop nicely in this set.

Another way to link to your flickr account, on the flicker page before you click All Sizes to grab the image link you can click Share This and grab the link to the flickr page for the picture.

Then structure your posts like this:

[U R L = Flickr share this link][I M G]Picture link from All Sizes[/I M G][/U R L]

The Share this link has to have quotes around it.

This will make all the pictures clickable and will take people right to the flickr page for the picture they clicked on.

Again nice work, awesome subject too I wish I could find something like that around where I live. I am hoping to grab some new shots this weekend while I am back around Richmond, VA.

Thanks for the tip... but that sounds like a whole lot of extra copying/pasting hahaha It's hard enough as it is using flicker.

I know for a fact there is a lot of abandonement in VA... if you want to get into UE send me a PM.

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
Great shots, Stranded! Really nice! I'm hoping I can get some nice shots this weekend. Got a wedding reception Saturday afternoon at an old cotton mill. I've already scoped the place out and it's gorgeous! Should make for some nice shots.

I need advice for settings, though. What do you use in daytime shots? External flash, or on-board? Also, what are you editing with?

Here's a link to where I'll be shooting.

http://www.mckinneycottonmill.com/index.html

Like Grmn said, No flash during the day, even inside I kept the flash off. Just had to keep the camera steady. Most of the day I shot in the Aperture priority setting... so I set it at 7.1 and let the camera figure out the shutter speed. Other pictures were in the Macro setting, and others in the Normal no flash auto setting. But mostly the Aperture priority setting.

I'm editing using Photoshop CS4. All images are taken in RAW format, then I touch up the colors just a little bit (2-3mins tops on each pic) in CS4's Raw editing program (automatically comes up when you open a Raw formatted picture). Then it loads to CS4 where I throw the border on it and crop it.

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
quit playing Call of duty sine you suck on there and start taking more pics;)

fav #12!

what kinda camera are you using

hahaha, ass. I've been on a lot the past few days, but your bum ass left ur disc at home.

I'm shooting with a Nikon D5000:thumbsup: