GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Buzzing noise when engine is switched off

golfie

Hi,

Picked up the car yesterday - woohoo!!! Apart from a few vibration issues in the doors which will be fixed next week very happy with it. Vibration issues are still annoying though - hehe. :frown:

I have read some threads where people have noticed buzzing noises when driving. I am getting a buzzing noise coming from the engine when I switch the engine off - after about 5 or 10 minutes I can't hear a thing. Anyone know what this might be? My previous cars have not done this and I have also had them since new.

Many thanks.

Jamie GTI

First VW and loving it
Car(s)
07 VW GTI
It's normal. The engine is post lubing to keep the oil circulating whilst the engine is off. It turns itself off after about 3 minutes.

You will also notice a buzzing noise when you open the drivers door to hop in? It's the fuel pump injecting fuel into the engine so it will start easier.

Both noises are nothing to worry about.

golfie

welcome dude. What spec car did you get and how is it going ?

Thanks mate!

I got a 3 door Red GTi with DSG. Going great! Apart from the few vibrations. Noticed today a bolt missing from one of the doors which could be the cause, also notices a few more scratches which I will be talking to the dealer about.

The car itself is a great car to drive - not sure if VW has the best quality record but you take the good with the bad.

Dealer has been great though.