GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Washed my car today... at home on stage 4 restrictions....

Goneincognito

Go Kart Champion
Using a Karcher presure washer fed from a bucket with water from the shower.

This thing is awesome. 20l to do the whole car. The water is totally clean as it is collected while regulating the temp of the shower before you get in. 2 showers and your set.

It is classed as grey water so you can use it for whatever you want. I thought the whole thing was a bit iffy so I called my local water authority and they said it was all fine.

I highly reccoend it to those who want to wash their car at home but can't.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
:thumbup:

Love your work...

Unfortunately, that's still not an option for us Canberrans, as ACT stage 3 restrictions prohibit the private washing of cars totally. You can only wash your car at a commercial carwash that recycles water. (But the council can water nature strips/parks/etc at any time for hours at a time...)

Goneincognito

Go Kart Champion
It's the same here. We can clean the windows and wash corrosives off the car from a bucket with water from the tap, otherwise we have to go to the car wash. With grey water we can do whatever we want with it. There are some restrictions on how long we can store it for due to health reasons.

On all the stuff the water board sent out it says "cars can not be washed by any means" It also says that the forrowing are not subject to water restrictions
:Water collected after a bath
:Water from the final rinse cycle from the washing machinie
:Water collected while having a shower

I made a phone call and spoke to the head guy there and he said it's all good. I'm also going to call back when they re-open and see if I can get it in writing as I got a few strange looks as I was doing it.

I would sugest making a couple of a couple of calls if you haven't already as it was not really made known here that you can, but it is allowed.

Jamie GTI

First VW and loving it
Car(s)
07 VW GTI
Use Detailer's Pride Rinseless wash, it only uses 4 litres of water.

Wash the roof, chamois it dry, then the bonnet and so on working your way from top to bottom. You can do it in the garage.