GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTB:stock 09 strut

Aggressor

UGly
apparently I have a bent strut on the driver side front strut of my 2009 GTI. Figured if some people have gone aftermarket, they might have an original part laying around they'd be looking to sell.

Aggressor

UGly
about $120 shipped,

my mechanic down the street said he thinks it's just the strut, but recommended the stealership look at it and make sure that's the only part I need. It's due for service monday, at which point I'll know for sure.

It's worth noting I'm only looking to buy one.

Aggressor

UGly
alright, so far I've had an offer of $120 shipped for an 08 strut with ~14k miles on it, and that's my go-to unless someone makes a better deal.

Of note, this is assuming an 08 strut will work with an 09. I know they lowered the ride height over the years, so I want to make sure that the 09's and 08s are cross compatible.

Aggressor

UGly
Note: Pics of the strut are required, I want to make sure I'm getting a decent one. Camera phone pics are fine.

Edit: in response to the above, pending pics, that is the current lead offer.

Rolando_TX

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf R
Note: Pics of the strut are required, I want to make sure I'm getting a decent one. Camera phone pics are fine.

Edit: in response to the above, pending pics, that is the current lead offer.

Strut Pic:

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
shouldnt the deler fix that on such a new car ???

Aggressor

UGly
So I go get a call from the service guy this afternoon, and he told me that there was nothing wrong with the car. They put it on the rack, and all it needed was an alignment. 0_o

He was expecting it to need a strut as well, but was shocked when nothing was wrong. Upon driving the car home, it does track straight, but with the wheel cocked slightly to the left. As in, foot off gas and wheel, the car returns to center, but the steering wheel is offset by about 3 degrees to the left. This is very annoying, as it needs to be pulled even further left to account for torque steer.

Bottom line, I don't need a strut this time. But for all I know they missed something.

Thanks everyone for responding though! It's nice to know the community can be counted on as a good place for parts