GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Moving to Jacksonville!!!

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Hey guys.. i live in the bay area, and i was promoted and got a better and higher paying job in florida! so now i leave in march. I was wondering if anyone on here has an MKV in jacksonville, someone to show me around when i come down. also interested to know if there are any good tuners and vw dealerships in town or near by. sadly im going alone at the moment since my g/f still has one year left in school then she will come down to be with me. ill be in jacksonville in 3 weeks to look at some homes for me to buy.. im so excited.. 20 years old and starting home ownership COLLEGE FTMFW! thanks guys and i look forward to meeting yall!!!!!!!

:burnrubber:

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
thanks guys, yeah, I'm excited too. i think its gonna be weird moving completely all the way across the U.S. all my friends are out here. ohwell, ill make new ones lol. looking forward to hotter weather though. i hate rain and here we get alot. i know florida gets some too. but the damn bay is always cold. im glad to be getting more money and paying less too!

gatorfast

man amongst boys
Congrats man you will love Jacksonville. Its a nice city (and its HUGE). I go to school in Gainesville which is only about an hour away

CV_Soccer

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV
I hope you like BIG bugs and a lot of rain because if you haven't been to JAX in the wet time of the year your in for a big surprise when it rains. JAX is a good place and you can have a bit of fun but get ready to run into people with manors, real manors.

CV_Soccer

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV
people with manors real manors ? what are you talking about ?

I was comparing the JAX to the SF Bay Area! The last time I went to JAX out of SFO it was not hard to tell when I left the golden state, people started to say please, thank you, and excuse me which all too often are not heard out here. While I didn’t make it any more south then the Kennedy Space Center or more north then Atlanta for the most part it was a most pleasant experience. You can keep Shoney’s but if it wasn’t for the BIG bugs and the 90+ humidity JAX was great! :thumbup:

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
I was comparing the JAX to the SF Bay Area! The last time I went to JAX out of SFO it was not hard to tell when I left the golden state, people started to say please, thank you, and excuse me which all too often are not heard out here. While I didn’t make it any more south then the Kennedy Space Center or more north then Atlanta for the most part it was a most pleasant experience. You can keep Shoney’s but if it wasn’t for the BIG bugs and the 90+ humidity JAX was great! :thumbup:

lol big bugs!!!!!! HUMIDITY!!!!!! EW!!!!!!!!!! lol j/k ive only lived in cali for 3 years.. im born and raised in TEXAS! so im used to even BIGGER bugs and even WORSE humidity and the manners thing.. texas is very strict on manners.. i was raised with very well manners. yes ma'am and yes sir please and thank you.. so i think ill be fine... cant wait to move though... its to fucking expensive out here!!! fuck you california!