GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

dual tone horn

bloojays

go jays.
I'm going on week 2 with the Rabbit - I think i figured out most of the features and easter eggs.. but what's with the dual tone horn? I noticed in the spec is says the Rabbit comes with a dual tone horn... i'll never need it, but still wonder... how do you get the second tone?

peterrabbit

ima eat yo family
i've had the car for 3 months now... and i'm still finding new things about it. i'm still trying to figure out why my car has such low end torque in low rpms. i swear, when i test drove it... it wasn't such. boo me.

sorry, this doesn't answer your dual tone question. i wasn't even aware of this.

commuter

Go Kart Newbie
I'm going on week 2 with the Rabbit - I think i figured out most of the features and easter eggs.. but what's with the dual tone horn? I noticed in the spec is says the Rabbit comes with a dual tone horn... i'll never need it, but still wonder... how do you get the second tone?

I'm guessing now, but I think it's the difference between the sound of a single tone horn "Beeeep" and dual tone horn "Paaarp". I could, of course, be totally wrong.:biggrin: But I do like the robust and loud GTI horn compared to the silly weak "Beep" I used to get from my Honda.

wendal

MKV5555
Car(s)
CW.MKV
maby its when u turn on the alarm? u kno diff horn. one for normal use and the other is the alarm one?

jimmyjjames

The dual tone horn means that when you depress the horn on the stearing wheel there are two tones the are played at the same time. Many of the past Volkswagens came with this, it is what gives the high and low tones when you honk at someone, rather than the toyota or honda squeek toy honk. If you so desire I believe Hella sells a triple tone horn which give you the high, mid and low tones.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)