GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Scuff Plates

Goneincognito

Go Kart Champion
Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can get a set of scuff plates for a 5 door MkV Golf? They are stupidly expensive at the dealer.

Also, is anyone able to tell me if they are simply an insert with a sticky backng or a new piece that replaces the moulding that is already there?

Thanks.

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can get a set of scuff plates for a 5 door MkV Golf? They are stupidly expensive at the dealer.

Also, is anyone able to tell me if they are simply an insert with a sticky backng or a new piece that replaces the moulding that is already there?

Thanks.

I just put some wide bright yellow tape over the section of the kick-plate that people might be inclined to mark with their shoes. It's designed to suggest to passengers.....LIFT YOUR BLOODY FEET..... when entering and leaving the car. Works quite well actually.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
You can probably pick up generic ones from SuperCheap/Autobarn.

If you want Golf ones, your options are only really dealer, eBay or a place like vw.oempl.us or parts4euro.com.

My pick would be the ebay ones for under $100 shipped...

Goneincognito

Go Kart Champion
They look nice.. Will have to look into those in the new year. The ones at the dealer replace the entire moulding (which explanes the cost). These are what I have been looking for.

Thanks.

Hilton_K

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 GTI
If somebody gets these please post pics. Interested to see how they look